MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Sales and Trade Development (Kaduna Sales and Distribution)
Job Identification: 1764
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: General Manager Regional Operations North
Division: Sales & Distribution
- Provide leadership to the sales and distribution team in the region.
- Ensure the achievement of the revenue, airtime sales, data device, data and VAS revenue and gross connection targets in the assigned region.
- Co-ordinate the regional engine room – a platform for cross-functional integration and collaboration in the region.
- Drive execution of MTNN’s retail agenda in the region – visibility and merchandising by retail formats, retail expansion across the traditional and non-traditional channels, retail loyalty program and relationship building.
- Execute the wholesale channel strategy in the region – relationship building with channel partners, execution of the loyalty programs, partner profitability and credit management.
- Ensure a consistent customer experience across all retail formats in the territory.
- Responsible for the regional OPEX and P&L.
- Ensure effective field coverage by both the direct and auxiliary sales force in the region and execution of go to market plans in the territory.
- Responsible for crafting and implementing a developmental and coaching program for the regional sales teams.
- Execute strategies and plans for sales and distribution in the region for sustainable channel growth and development including ‘go-to-market’ plans for the full bouquet of MTN products.
- Ensure the achievement of revenue, sales and acquisition target for both voice and data in the region, in line with network capacity and oversee regional dealership with MTN Trade partners and other sales channels to meet the overall regional sales target.
- Ensure territory coverage in terms of sales circle and set target of stock availability and management of recommended retail price (RRP) and monitor sales performance trend.
- Liaise with regional Stock/Inventory team to review sales and distribution performance (including stock availability) and submit
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly stock forecast for the region, across channels.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the region and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform MTNN’s revenue.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization etc.) to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in regional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- A First Degree in Economics, Business Administration, or any Social Science discipline.
- Possession of a post graduate degree maybe an added advantage.
- Fluent in English and regional language.
9 – 17 years’ work experience comprising:
- Managerial track record of 3 years or more in relevant sector/industry
- Sales experience in an FMCG environment, Services industry/Logistics environment
- Experience working across diverse cultures and geographies
- Telecoms experience would be an added advantage