Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, SCM Planning, and Performance
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for overseeing SCM functional and commercial excellence, including: development, implementation and monitoring of functional and strategic plans; coordination of SCM skill pool development; creation and maintenance of a viable vendor base; development of SCM policies, processes and procedures for effective governance; oversight for SCM systems and continuous improvement projects; bid administration, cost estimation, and oversight for ethics, compliance and assurance.
- Note: A weak or ungoverned SCM plan and process exposes the business to uncertainties and unacceptably high variability in performance and business integrity outcomes.
- This job exists to close those gaps and to ensure that SCM is a critical enabler for corporate success.
- Contribute as a member of the SCM Leadership team, and deputize for the GM, Supply Chain Management if and when required
- Oversee SCM functional and strategic (5-year) plan development, including setting strategic, tactical and operational performance objectives benchmarked to best practice, and that leverage internal and external resources (supply chain partners and other stakeholders) and their associated dependencies.
- Advise SCM stakeholders on planning policy and regulations, and provide counsel and representation at key planning meetings, while managing planning compliance.
- Prepare (develop, consolidate, analyse, and maintain) structured (KPIs Dashboard) and ad hoc SCM management information and presentations for senior leaders, and develop gap analyses to drive performance improvement.
- Develop, secure approval, and rollout SCM policies, standards, systems, processes, procedures and guidelines for value-adding effective and efficient service delivery underpinned by continuous improvement and technology enabled new ways of working.
- Establish, manage, and continuously refresh the Seplat vendor base to ensure that it is resilient and confers a distinctive competitive advantage on key metrics.
- Oversee a vendor due diligence process for supply chain partners to ensure that third party contract activities are executed without compliance risks and avoidable liabilities.
- Coordinate bid administration to ensure process integrity and consistent commercially sound outcomes compliant with JV governance and systems such as NiPEX.
- Lead the development and implementation of methodologies to achieve lean and agile supply chains, and drive continuous improvement in SCM and with internal and external partners.
- Oversee input to ‘Use Cases’ for technology applications and hardware in SCM, and for selection, implementation and integration of such technologies and systems for the effective and efficient execution of SCM processes.
- Investigate opportunities to improve data analytics and data capture to clearly define and add value in procurement and supply, making appropriate recommendations to SCM peers, other senior managers, and wider stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and update of an SCM Policies and Policies and Procedures Manual that draws on best practice, and implement compliance and assurance processes, mechanisms and routines built on it to ensure that third party relationships comply with JV governance, industry best practice, ethics, Seplat’s Business Principles (including sustainability), and the Code of Conduct.
- Support functional excellence and assurance activities e.g. contract optimization reviews, BPRs, self-audits/internal health checks, commercial assurance, and corporate-level business assurance exercises.
- Develop SCM-wide Business Process Improvement projects and initiatives in consultation with other SCM Managers, and provide SCM discipline support for complementary or multi-functional corporate initiatives.
- Support the SCM GM to coordinate the competence development of SCM staff by implementing the SCM Competence Framework, Job Experience Ladder and related HR processes.
- Provide effective Team Leadership for the Planning and Performance department, including mentoring, coaching and developing staff to grow.
- >1,300 active vendors
- >6 staff, including 4 direct staff who are Team Leads
- Functional improvement budget: ~$5m pa
- Manages the deployment/implementation of all Enterprise systems for Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) and Asset Management
Job Context and Challenges:
- Diverse portfolio combining execution with monitoring and assurance across a companywide interface
- Exacting demands on confidentiality and integrity, especially in Vendor Management, Bid Administration and Tender Boards.
- Rapidly evolving operating and regulatory environment, requiring adaptability and resilience.
- Participation in FINCOM/TECOM and OPCOM; cash call and budget performance meetings with JV partners and user departments, with sufficient insight to clarify contracting and procurement activities of User Departments during JV meetings.
- Internal: GM SCM and other SCM Managers. SCM Staff, All Contract Holders and Contract Owners, Planners in various departments, Corporate Planning team, Tender Board and Functional GMs and Managers, Ethics and Compliance Officers, HR Training and development
- External: JV Partners, Vendors and OEMs, Auditors and Regulators (NNPC/NAPIMS/NCDMB, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified, or demonstrated professional skill in SCM.
- An MBA and/or an SCM professional diploma will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 18 years cognate experience in SCM, preferably in the oil and gas (E&P) industry
- Solid planning and project management skills
- Advanced change management, communication, presentation, and report writing skills
- Advanced data analytics skills, with an eye for technology solutions
- Solid people and relationship management skills, especially for engaging diverse internal and external stakeholders.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Competence Standard
- Refer to the SCM Competence Framework.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online