Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior National Consultant (Leadership Planning, Training and Mentoring)
Duration: 36 days (Spread Over 3months).
Call For Consultants For (Chips) Programme – Leadership And Institutional Capacity Strengthening
- Malaria Consortium requires experienced consultants who will contribute to strengthening capacity of Health institutions and the leadership responsible for CHIPS specifically in building leadership skills, towards adapted CHIPS program, dissemination and sustainability in Niger state.
- Malaria Consortium requires qualified personnel who will contribute to strengthening capacity of Health institutions and the leadership responsible for CHIPS specifically in building leadership skills, towards adapted CHIPS program, dissemination and sustainability in Niger state.
- Senior National Consultant (1)
Senior National Consultant
- Briefing by the relevant MC management and staffs to establish common understanding of the interventions and the process.
- Attend meeting with the relevant top management of the relevant MDAs to introduce the technical assistance team and the interventions.
- In collaboration with the Lead TA, actively contribute technical support to the conduct of the assessment (field work, findings, report) on the leadership and capacity strengthening for sustainable CHIPS programme and identify core issues and gaps regarding leadership
- In collaboration with the Lead TA, identify internal and external institutional and structural arrangements for sustainable CHIPS roll-out at State and LGAs level.
- Actively contribute technical support to development of consensus with the MC and State teams on the leadership and management structure, to feature the relevant MDAs, with the short and long-term roles documented.
- Provide technical support to the leadership and capacity strengthening identified leaders to develop the individual leadership plan in relation to the achievement of the short and longterm targets of the CHIPS programme (State level plan; LGA level plans).
- Develop a training module and mentoring plan in support of the leadership and capacity strengthening intervention.
- Develop training plan the training plan on leadership and capacity strengthening to address the identified problems/ issues.
- Conduct of training (development materials, facilitate sessions, evaluation etc) on leadership and capacity strengthening to address the identified problems issues amenable to training and mentoring.
- In collaboration with the Lead TA, actively contribute technical support to the conduct biannual assessment of leadership and capacity strengthening intervention; and apply findings to inform mentoring for identified leaders/revision of the plans conduct of the assessment
- In collaboration with the Lead TA, conduct follow-up mentoring in support, with the parameter of the mentoring defined.
- Mentoring of the individual trained leader to implement the plan developed(3months)Prepare report of the on the key aspect of the TA support as agreed with Lead TA
Phase 3: Statewide roll out to other LGAs and communities.
- The implementation and lessons from implementation of the set of activities in phases 1 and 2 for the state and 9 LGAs will determine the expansion of the scope to
- CHIPS leadership and capacity strengthening core issues and gap identified, analysed and documented.
- Internal and external institutional arrangements related to CHIPS programme identified, and documented
- Agreed leadership and management structure for CHIPs programme described, and graphically illustrated.
- Leadership and capacity strengthening plan for CHIPS programme developedTraining (State and LGA level) of identified leaders (State level; and LGA level) and conducted and reported.
- Leadership and capacity strengthening intervention assessed; and findings applied for improvement
- Follow-up mentoring of the leadership and capacity strengthening intervention conducted and documented.
- At the end of each phase, one-page (bullet point) summary of implementation process/ findings and recommendations provided to and discussed with the Staff Technical Lead
- Within 5 days after the assignment completion, provide a draft report to the Staff Technical Lead for this specific assignment using the standard format provided
- Within 5 days after receipt of comments on the draft report, produce a final draft report to the Staff Technical Lead.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Public Health, Management, Statistics, or Social Sciences.
- At least seven (7) years experience in application of planning including development of logic model for intervention in the heath sector.
- Experience with development of leadership mentoring plan and assessment of performance according to plan.
- Conversance and demonstrable ability to interact with team of health experts to achieve desired results.
- Facilitation skills and a team player with respect for timelines
- Ability to summarise and graphically illustrate finding of assessment/ intervention for different audiences.
- Report writing skills, with proficiency in the use of MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should send their CV and suitability statement to: [email protected]
- Subject of the mail: Please indicate position applied for i.e Lead_ Regional/Senior National Consultant or Senior National Consultant (BMGF Leadership and Institutional Capacity strengthening) whichever is applicable as the subject title of your email application.
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address.