Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior National Consultant (Programme Management)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 18 days
Consultant Profile: Senior National Consultant(1)
Specific tasks: Programme Management Training
- Receive briefing from MC Technical team upon resumption of consultancy.
- Review relevant documents related to CHIPS Programme management and implementation!
- Submit proposed training plan and contextualized training module to MC Technical Team for review.
- Conduct a training needs assessment to inform revision of the content and method of the capacity building support to the CHIPS PMU, as appropriate.
- Develop/adapt programme management tools that will be used as resource materials for the participants.
- Conduct training on Programme Management according to best practices.
- Design and administer evaluation tools ( pre-test and post-tests, etc) and share analysis of results.
- Develop and share Programme Management mentoring plan with MC Technical Team
- Lead and provide oversight to the conduct bi-annual Programme Management visit to SPHCDA and SMOH and share findings and recommendation for the visit.
- Prepare overall report for the consultancy.
- Certified Master Trainer in Programme Management for Development Professionals (or its equivalent).
- At least 8 years post graduate degree experience in Project/Programme Management in the Health Sector, with at least 5 years as a trainer.
- Skills and experience in team management, supervision, and conflict resolution –
- Availability at the training venue for the entire period of the training programme.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with top and middle level management staff of government and agencies
- Proficiency in use of Computer software including MS Office-Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- In consultation with the Lead Consultant, plan, and the conduct bi-annual Programme Management visit to SPHCDA and SMOH and share findings and recommendation for the visit
- Prepare report of the on the key aspects of the TA support as agreed with Lead TA
- Programme Management Training: Snr National Consultant and National Consultant
- Proposed Training plan and contextualized training modules, submitted.
- Training need assessment conducted and finding shared
- Analysis of Pre-test and post-test results of all participants
- Appropriate certificates awarded to participants who successfully complete the course.
- Training report with appropriate recommendations for follow-up and consolidation of knowledge.
- Programme Management mentoring plan shared with MC Technical Team
- Conduct bi-annual Programme Management visit conducted to SPHCDA and SMOH, and findings and recommendation shared
- On the last day of assignment, one-page (bullet point) summary of findings and recommendations provided to and discussed with the Staff Technical Lead.
- Within 5 days after the assignment completion, provide a draft report to the Staff Technical Lead for this specific assignment using the standard format provided.
- Within 5 days after receipt of comments on the draft report, produce a final draft report to the Staff Technical Lead.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address.