The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), is a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria backed by international investors and shareholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Software Development Engineer
- The role of this job holder is to actively participate in the ideation, development, testing and maintenance of application and systems software in line with fast paced business requirements
- Work on delivering to road-maps of developed software and systems through accurate planning and interaction with stakeholders; and adhere to strict development rules, reviews, testing and production environment implementations.
- Ensures high availability of services to end users.
- Ensures software developed adheres to onboarding requirements before being Released.
- Maintains Systems and Software, releasing updates and patches in response to security vulnerabilities and feature updates.
- Ensures bugs are resolved within team defined SLOs.
- Keep abreast with Business Requirements and Prioritize Projects and Roadmaps.
- Provides inputs to Budget Preparation, Tracking, Reporting.
Administrative / Supportive:
- Supports team lead in building a strong team to meet corporate needs.
- Supports and mentors new team members to ensure professional growth of team.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Software Releases and System Improvements.
- Bug Fix Tracking SLOs.
- Adherence to ICT Policy.
- Stakeholder Satisfaction.
- Personal Execution Efficiency.
- System and Software Documentation.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science or Related Field.
- Minimum of 4 years Post NYSC relevant work experience.
- Software Development Certifications.
- Network Certifications is a plus.
- Working in a software development team in a medium to large size organisation
- Working experience in socket development – i.e. TCP/IP stack development (DNS, DHCP, etc.) and authentication systems i.e. LDAP/AD Integration.
- Practical knowledge in working under the Agile Software Development Environment.
- Working experience in working under a distributed version control environment with automated code review tools, Sandbox testing and pushing code to the production environment.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as required.
- Experience in web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Developed people skill.
- Good project management skill, especially with agile methodology.
- Good analytical, organizational & multitasking skills.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with focus on results.
- Attention to details.
- Passion for excellence in serving users and addressing their needs.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2022 (12 Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
The MD / CEO,
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1, Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: Head, Human Resources Management.
- All applications should include Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter. The subject of your application should read: “Senior Officer, Software Development Engineer”.
- Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
- ONLY soft copy of applications will be treated, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.