International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement & Logistics Assistant
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
SVN No. : SVN2021.78
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organization Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G7
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Procurement/logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules, and procedures. In particular, s/he is responsible as a Team Leader of the Procurement and Logistics Unit in their performance of variety of duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist the PLO and HSO on the strategic planning for the Mission’s procurement and logistic needs.
- Coordinate and monitor aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities in Maiduguri and Yola.
- Coordinate and organize and maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and transport, documentation, storage and warehousing, equipment up- grading.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of permanent instructions for procurement, warehouse operations and asset administration that are compliant with IOM’s general instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure proper procurement e- filing systems are in place.
- Provide response capacity to the operational demands of IOM in Maiduguri.
- Review online PRFs/Purchase Orders into PRISM accurately and in a timely manner to ensure that all procurement requests are captured in the system and commitments for various procuring projects are recorded.
- Prepare, verify, and analyze Bids Analyses in conformity to specified requirements (PRF), conduct appraisals and confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers.
- Prepare payment requests and follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Ensure that all programme assets in Maiduguri are always sufficiently insured through a reputable Insurance Company under the best terms and conditions. Follow up on any claims that may arise.
- Ensure that Mission Inventory List and Tracking System of all programme assets in Maiduguri and sets up/streamline procedures to manage and safeguard all programme assets/supplies in Maiduguri. Take care of disposal of assets according to IOM procedures.
- Prepares and maintain a proper vendor database, including blacklisted vendors.
- Be responsible for stockroom management and control supply stock and consumables to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
- Ensure that all logistics operations are accurately documented and arranged for secure and systematic filing of all logistics related documents, contracts, etc.
- Guide, train and supervise staff of the unit.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisors
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 5 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with 7 years of relevant working experience, with specific focus on local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, laws and regulations, fleet management, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies management.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills especially MS Office and SAP.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team.
- Fluency in English and French required, working knowledge of Portuguese an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promote individual and cultural differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 9th November, 2021.
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2021.78 Maiduguri, Nigeria Senior Procurement & Logistics Assistant G7”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.