PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000491
Location: Nigeria Head Office
Department Strategic Objectives
- To source commodities and raw materials required by the business and ensure PZ Cussons obtains the most favourable terms of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Ensuring strict adherence to company’s Procurement policies, guidelines and principles by stakeholders with a view to meeting Audit Standards
- To provide value driven procurement support to support the achievement of business cost and value propositions
- To work with stakeholders in building and managing supplier relationships.
- Ensure a clear understanding of supplier portfolio, capabilities and reliability to support operations.
- To work closely with other supply chain functions in establishing continuous supplier quality improvement.
- Contribute and manage the standard costing process and cost projection for assigned portfolio; providing all standard cost data to the Finance function as required for the budgeting process.
- Develop and Execute sourcing strategies for assigned portfolio to deliver business benefits or internal customers aligned to Cost, Innovation, quality and service.
- Commercial negotiation to deliver minimum variance to Raw Material budget/standard cost.
- Identify sustainable and long term savings opportunities through the strategy creation process, identifying and exploring all potential value levers.
- Lead, develop and manage the Raw Material supply base towards building effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Lead and manage the achievement of Sustainability G4B policies (Palm Promise, REACH, Localisation etc) as applicable in the assigned portfolio.
- Engaging with and understanding the business requirements of internal customers and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree (or HND) in Business, Finance, Materials Management or related fields (preferably in Engineering). MBA / CIPS will be an added advantage.
Technical / Professional Experience
- Able to communicate in English, speaking, reading and writing.
- IT skills, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SAP etc.
- Diagnosis skills and Problem-solving techniques / tools
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Previous experience in procurement function preferred
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online