Bell Oil & Gas was incorporated in January 2002 and has experienced unprecedented growth in the Nigerian oil industry. The company is an independent oil services company which was formed and wholly-owned by Nigerians. We have quick access to international markets via our geographical spread and technology, together with access to international lines of credit Our vast experience cuts across several facets of the industry, together with affiliations with a number of reputable foreign companies. We are professional in applying this instinctive knowledge and experience to addressing your ongoing requirements efficiently and cost-effectively.
Bell Oil & Gas has the reach and means to deliver high quality products and services. We understand first hand, the complexities and issues facing our industry, together with a strong grounding of the Nigerian culture and ways of conducting business. We are able to respond swiftly to our clients’ requirements in a unique way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Specialist (Sales Engineering) – Rotating Equipment
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt, Rivers
Report to: GM – BD & Supply Chain / BDM PH
Overall Purpose of Job
- To develop Rotating Equipment (Ingersoll Rand, Atlas Copco, etc) business in the oil and gas sector and ensure a robust revenue and steady growth from sales of the products to the end users.
- In-depth product knowledge and working knowledge of areas of application
- Identify application areas on client sites and make appropriate proposal on the benefits and usage of the products.
- Identify key companies/ operators in the non-oil and gas industries to engage
- Make regular customer visits with presentations to showcase products & applications
- Follow up quotations submitted to ensure speedy closeout
- Working with Trading/ marketing companies to position/ showcase our stock product at the open market where we do not have footprints.
- Organise workshops for project engineers, trading companies on our products and their applications.
- Position our stock items to these identified markets to support them at a faster rate.
- Identify application that requires the products.
- Follow up leads as a result of the visits and presentations made.
- Make visits and presentations to teams and project engineers identified to showcase the benefits of the product.
- Identify potential non-oil and gas companies as to introduce/ adopt product on their project.
- Make specific presentations to the identified companies and end users of this product.
- Identify and recommend as most appropriate, technical assistance for key customers
- Prospect for and acquire new and financially viable high-volume customers
- Prepare and make effective product presentations to clients.
- Gather new intelligence for the preparation of reports, tenders and presentations that will win the company contracts in on-going and up-coming projects.
- Define strategy for relating with each customer group and create a Customer Relationship Plan per group
- Collate client – specific intelligence and produce weekly reports
- Generate Work orders, Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO)
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure sales targets are fully achieved
- Collate and communicate business intelligence
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and ensure proper documentation
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress
- Demonstrate consistent business development success and target-driven achievement
- Investigate Total Market value for the IR air compressors in the non-oil and gas sector of the Nigerian market
- Organize exhibition of Ingersoll Rand to the non-oil and gas companies.
- A good University Degree in Engineering
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience on different types of rotating equipment
- Must have an eye for details and be meticulous
- Intelligence gathering skills
- Good working knowledge of the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry
- Proven ability to advise clients
- Proven track record of winning businesses
- Proven account management experience.
- Direct sales and marketing experience into the non-oil and gas sector
- Self-starter and a self-motivator
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Sound computing skills (minimum Microsoft Office)
Application Closing Date