Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Officer / State Team Lead
Job Identification Number: 3000320
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Management
Job Shift: Day
Accelerated Control of HIV Epidemic and Sustainable Solution (ACCESS) project is funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Nigeria. ACCESS provides support for Government of National and Sub National units to strengthen delivery of sustainable and quality HIV Care & Treatment Services and Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) services. ACCESS is implemented in 3 states of Nigeria which are Abia, Enugu, and Imo states.
- The State Team Lead will be expected to coordinate the ACCESS project strategies and activities towards achieving the sustainability of UNAIDS 95:95:95 strategies in the state.
- S/He will work under the supervision of CRS ACCESS project Country Team Lead. In conjunction with the lead Implementing partner team, s/he will lead the state CRS team to technically support the Government at the Sub -National Unit to deliver a sustainable HIV and OVC program.
- S/he facilitates linkages between the ACCESS project CRS technical team and technical teams of Government coordinating structures, PEPFAR HIV Treatment and OVC program partners at the sub-national level field locations.
- S/he will oversee the technical strategies of ACCESS along the Intermediate Result areas providing technical leadership in project implementation and monitoring of project deliverables and outcomes at the sub-national level and ensure project outputs areas are met as per the agreed work plan.
- The role ensures timeliness and efficiency of all program activities for achieving ACCESS objectives and targets in line with the CRS partnership management approach.
- Working closely with the CRS ACCESS Country Team Lead, the State Team Lead coordinates establishment and effective management of the project sub-recipients and other strategic partnerships at the sub-national level.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support HIV and OVC Coordination platforms at the sub-national unit.
- Coordinate the capacity building of government health care workers in the state on ACCESS project sustainability strategies and activities designed to respond to the program priority actions to address HIV case findings, linkage to treatment and retention in care in response to HIV/AIDS pandemic across various supported facilities.
- Coordinate the support to health facilities on the implementation of sustainable DSD models for the children and the adolescents living with HIV.
- Coordinate the support for increased participation of GoN, CSOs and the private sector in HIV program implementation.
- Facilitate strategies aimed at increased sustainable investment in HIV program in the sub-national unit.
- Facilitate the capacity strengthening of GoN and other stakeholders to develop and review HIV policies and relevant bills for improved HIV program ownership.
- Facilitate the capacity strengthening of the sub-national unit including its health care workers to demonstrate the integration of OVC and Pediatric ART services.
- Coordinate the support for strategies aimed at improving supply chain management systems at the sub-national unit.
- Facilitate the strengthening of strategic information and quality improvement systems at the sub-national unit.
- Support the efforts of GoN at sub-national level and PEPFAR to standardize and scale up the use of evidence based technical strategies for OVC Case Management and Referral Coordination.
- Ensure successful startup of the ACCESS project at the sub-national level. Provide oversight to ensure the achievement of project objectives.
- Oversee administrative, operational and security aspects of the ACCESS project at the sub-national office.
- Facilitate transparency among and between ACCESS staff to promote team coordination and effectiveness.
- Facilitate healthy communication and collaboration with all members of the project team and critical stakeholders.
- Prepare quality reports and means of verification in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Provide technical leadership for the development and timely completion of annual SOWs, workplans, indicators, and budgets for each sub-recipient partner and CRS.
- Lead the technical documentation of appropriate application of programmatic best practices.
- Utilize and develop appropriate tools to track program performance (site capacity assessment tool, regular financial analysis, treatment initiation, adherence monitoring/patient retention, etc.)
- In conjunction with the country team lead and other key personnel, conduct periodic technical reviews, site visits, and monitor progress towards achievement of program objectives at the sub-national level.
Representation and Learning:
- In consultation with the country team lead, represent the team on relevant technical forums including high level representation, advocacy and donor engagement as required.
- Ensure necessary technical assistance and training is provided to partners to develop capacity to implement HIV/AIDS support activities as per the project requirement.
- Provide high level technical support for program innovation and learning; foster regular discussions with key stakeholders as appropriate; to facilitate cross sector learning on HIV, OVC and adolescent programs.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Project Team staff, Operations Staff
- External: Government of Nigeria Staff, HIV and OVC Program Implementing Partners, CSOs,Private sector.
- A Primary Medical Qualification (MBBS), Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Social Sciences, or related fields plus a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related Health discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HIV/AIDS and/or OVC programming.
- Minimum of 3 years in the developing world in mid-project management positions with progressive management responsibilities.
- Experience working in PEPFAR Above-Site and Sustainability pediatric HIV, OVC and adolescent programming.
- Strong background in program implementation; experience in supervising and providing technical assistance for roll-out of evidence-based HIV, OVC and adolescent programming strategies.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and also the ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Technical experience with programming to address gender concerns and programming for very young children and adolescents/youth required.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- English is required
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
What We Offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
6:04 PM: 7th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.