The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance and Control Officer – Information Systems
Requisition ID: 1507
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Head of Quality Assurance and Control
Directorate: Quality Assurance and Control
Division: HR Planning and Organizational Development Division
Job Grade: P3
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide operational and technical support for the effective implementation of the commission’s objectives on information systems management.
- Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various elements related to the area of expertise
- Ensures best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Office’s support to AU.
- Assists in the development of the strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
- Fosters and ensure implementation of initiatives related to area of specialization;
- Assists in the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations.
- Develops materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units as required.
- Provides technical guidance on matters relating to system review and implementation project in area of specialization, as required.
- Formulates and implements research programs in information systems management and disseminates findings.
- Formulates recommendations to address the main inefficiencies
- Manages databases and ensure timely collection and dissemination of data;
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to achieve organizational goals;
- Ensures the quality of collected specific data for accuracy, consistency and comparability;
- Develops new or improved statistical methods and quantitative models for analyses and projections
- Reviews management information systems files on whether they meet quality Standards and offer technical advice on how to handle the posed situations for informed decision making
- Plans and conducts analytical programmes of Information Systems and ensure compliance to the existing rules and regulations
- Provides guidance and advice to other departments, field experts, etc., in the planning, operation and evaluation of Information Systems programmes and projects;
- Submits periodic reports for approval and consideration
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Quality Assurance and Control.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields with seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience as IT expert/Specialist or related area out of which three (3) years should be at expert/specialist level. Membership to the relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management with ten (10) years relevant experience out of which three (3) should be at expert/specialist level.
- Membership to the relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Spanish and Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight
- Change Management
- Managing Risk.
- Building relationships
- Accountable and Complies with Rules
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Result
- Continuous improvement orientation
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Tenure Of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.