ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Quality Improvement and Innovation Advisor
Job No.: 495193
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Categories: Program Management / Implementation / Support, Technical / Clinical / Quality Improvement / Training
Reports To (Title): Technical Director
Incumbent: N / A
- Working under the guidance and direction of the Technical Director for the RISE project in Nigeria, the Quality Improvement and Innovation Advisor will design, lead and manage Quality Improvement interventions in Akwa Ibom, Adamawa, Niger and Cross River States in Nigeria.
- S/he will lead the project training and workshops, coaching, implementation and supportive supervision of QI projects, and evaluation of QI initiatives at state, local government and site level, liaising with partners and local organizations.
- The incumbent will function as driver and curator of innovation and initiatives, scaling internal and external best practices for program optimization and visibility.
The Senior Quality Improvement and Innovation Advisor will:
- Set the strategic vision for all quality improvement and innovative endeavors on the RISE program.
- Provide strategic direction and supervision for the cadre of Quality Improvement Officers and Associates on the RISE program.
- Support and contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of the QI initiatives in RISE-supported sites in Nigeria.
- Curate best practices emanating from RISE and other public health programs for adaptation and adoption within RISE, applying PDSA methodology to eventually implement thriving innovations at scale to meet program objectives.
- Provide on-going technical direction, in collaboration with other RISE Technical Leads in Country Office, to the Epidemic Control Advisors and frontline teams in RISE supported states; with a goal of meeting assigned program targets and optimizing Quality Improvement systems.
- Work closely with Technical Director to develop project work plans, monitor progress towards program objectives and timelines, including regular reporting to and communication with USAID, and ICAP in New York.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support for face-to-face training and workshops sessions, on site QI coaching and evaluating training sessions, workshops, webinars, and other training projects.
- Design and establish (by working with State teams) uniquely RISE structures for delivering QI activities at facility and state level; including QI management systems, QI teams, QI meetings, QI champions and QI dashboards or bulletins for relevant audiences.
- Support the establishment of paper and digital dashboards to visualize outputs and outcomes of QI projects initiated to optimize program performance.
- Lead and facilitate monthly facility site supportive supervisory activities; QI coaching, mentoring and implementation; support for site level QIprojectsand collaboratives (aligned with donor or government initiatives like SIMS) including Mortality Reviews, Waiting time analyses and patient satisfaction surveys.
- Partner with QI M&E staff for development of QI M&E systems including indicator development, data collection tools and SOPs, data management systems, data quality assurance policies and procedures, data review and analysis.
- Examine program performance across technical areas and identify intersections between performance gaps and opportunities for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), subsequently coordinate QI initiatives from root cause analysis to documentation of remedial outcomes
- Collate, analyze and report on outcome level data to help determine the project’s impact on patients’ clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Support the preparation of QI related datasets for presentation for a diverse range of audiences.
- Document project training and technical assistance activities and contribute to the production and dissemination of technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other printed resources and toolkits.
- Liaise with Federal and State Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating QI programming through technical working groups, review meetings and conferences as requested by the Technical Director and/or in line with RISE work plans.
- Stay up-to-date and serve as a repository on new information and knowledge in QI and HIV programming in general, collating and sharing best practices for adaptation and adoption.
- Routinely attend and provide appropriate technical leadership in program meetings, executing resolutions within her/his purview.
- Carry out any other tasks relating to Quality Improvement and Innovation initiatives as assigned by the RISE Technical Director.
- An advanced Degree (MBBS, RN, MPH) in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or related field
- Membership of relevant accreditation agencies for Quality Improvement desirable
Experience, Skills & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of relevant HIV and QI program activities
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience training and mentoring teams on QI initiatives including building a cadre of improvement coaches in facilities and agencies of the Government of Nigeria.
- Demonstrated success in leading formal quality improvement projects using the Model for Improvement or similar methods is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with PEPFAR and Government of Nigeria standards for QI in HIV programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in public health data analysis and communicating that data through presentations.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analysis data using MS Excel are required.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English and oversee development of comprehensive program reports.
- Travel within Nigeria supporting capacity building, building facility QI systems, stakeholder relationship management and implementing QI activities.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online