Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline. We connect more than 160 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the Five-star airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to join our Commercial team in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Reservation and Ticketing Agent
Job ID: 179923
Category: Corporate & Commercial
About the Role
- We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Commercial team in Lagos, Nigeria as Senior Reservations and Ticketing Agent.
- The Senior Reservations and Ticketing agent will be making and confirming reservations for passengers, selling tickets for the airlines.
- Serve customers professionally through telephone or in person in order to achieve customer satisfaction, generate revenue, and take all possible measures to avoid loss of revenue.
- Assists passengers requiring special assistance to board or depart.
- Issue tickets and PTA`s, quoting correct fares and tariffs to ensure maximum customer satisfaction whilst minimizing complaints on a daily basis.
- Perform a detailed daily flight firming check to maximize flight utilization and reduce “no-shows” on a daily basis.
- Assist mishandled passengers such as NOREC and DNBs to minimize passenger complaints on a daily basis.
- Assist in controlling cash-flow to ensure that the daily sales report is closed on time on a daily basis.
- Initiate and promote QR product and services to generate additional revenue at each opportunity on a daily basis
Be Part of an Extraordinary Story
- Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
- Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- Together, everything is possible.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant College or University qualification
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience required
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English language
- High level of organizational, coordination and time management skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- High level of computer literacy (MS Word, Reservation System)
- Thorough knowledge of special rates / offers / promotions
- Proven ability to manage sales with due regard to the Revenue
- Ability to adhere to Management Policy and target sales mix to achieve maximum revenue, ensuring every opportunity to sell is taken
- You must have the legal rights to live and work in Lagos, Nigeria to be considered for this role.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2022.