APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting a qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Associate – Laboratory Services
Requisition ID: api-42063
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Laboratory Services
Reporting To: State Laboratory Lead
- This position will report to the State Laboratory Lead and will assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of laboratory services in Benue state.
- S/He will work with the members of the state program teams to support the delivery of quality laboratory services across all supported facilities.
- The person will assist in the development of guidelines, documented procedures and other tools required for effective service delivery.
- S/he will work with assigned facilities to ensure the optimal functionality of equipment, proper management of supplies, timely reporting of data, and overall improvement in the efficiency of entire laboratory services.
- Assist in the development and adaptation of relevant policies and guidelines required for required to provide quality laboratory services.
- Assist in the evaluation of laboratory methods/procedures, and conduct of periodic assessment and review of activities.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the Integrated Sample Referral Network and an efficient biosafety and infection control program across all supported healthcare facilities and communities.
- Design and implement a system for the proper documentation of all laboratory activities using the appropriate tools.
- Support and monitor QA/QC activities in all supported facilities, and ensure DTS are available and in use at all testing points.
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance is performed on all diagnostic and ancillary equipment, and provide feedback to Biomedical Engineers on equipment breakdown.
- Monitor lab commodity consumption level, ordering of laboratory supplies, and proper inventory management of required supplies.
- Conduct routine supportive supervisory visits to supported facilities and assist in building the capacity of laboratory staff.
- Support routine collection, analysis and submission of laboratory data for monitoring of program effectiveness.
- Compile, analyze and monitor trends on the functionality and optimization of all laboratory services as well as laboratory related activities.
- Support the implementation of Laboratory Continuous Quality Improvement and the deployment and institution of appropriate corrective and preventive action respectively.
- The job holder is also responsible for the functionality of all laboratory information systems and linkage to EMR.
- Prepare progress reports of laboratory activities, lab program implementation and lab quality issues.
- Perform any other official task as may be assigned by supervisor or Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a Medical Laboratory Scientist or possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Biomedical Sciences. Professional certification of AMLSCN and a license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is mandatory
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience in implementing Public Health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Good knowledge of laboratory management and understanding of quality management system
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work alone and as part of the team
- Ability to multitask, manage time efficiently, negotiate and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who can think and act self-sufficiently.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online