Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Transport Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – Operations
- Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day transportation operations of the company and directing major projects; supervise employees, delegating tasks accordingly, monitoring performance, and conducting regular follow-ups with business objectives.
- To optimize the transportation network from the inside, by constantly research and test software tools, management methodologies, and workflow processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing assets and available business in such a way as to minimize operational expenses while maximizing equipment utilization.
- Supervise key terminal staff to monitor operations at the company truck terminals, ensuring workload is completed per customer expectations: efficiently, safely, and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Plan with Executive Management to determine the strategic direction of the Transport Department.
- Update and implement Divisional Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Ensure profitability by controlling costs and enhancing trip performance.
- Full responsibility for fleet maintenance and the mechanical workshops.
- Coordinate between Dangote Cement trucks and third-party transporters to ensure truck availability always.
- Liaise with Sales and Finance departments to ensure the right rate is appropriately charged on services rendered by company transport.
- Coordinate and inspect the complete documentation including drivers and vehicle licenses.
- Review and report logistics/fleet performance against plans.
- Build good working relationship with Regulatory Agencies to ensure smooth operation of the fleet.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Transport.
Education and Work Experience:
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- 5 years’ Managerial experience.
- Relevant professional certification in Transport will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competences:
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, supply chain processes, best practices, and compliance requirements.
- Organizational and Planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management.
- Time Management and Collaboration.
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis.
- Business acumen and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent technical, commercial, and analytical skills including ability to present business case for the Fleet operations.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Pension Plan.
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online