Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Engineer
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa (with 20% in Abuja)
Employment Type: Full-time
- This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing business, take ownership and be responsible for giving service to 8+ plants
- In this role you will be responsible for all plant Operations and Maintenance for these plants and report to the O&M Manager.
- Daily Monitoring of HMGs at Meters and System Portal.
- Ensure smooth operation of plants and meters.
- Initiate tickets to OEMs and follow up for early rectification.
- Maintain event log at HMG plants
- Health Checkup and Maintenance of Plants.
- Train site electricians on operations and maintenance of system.
- Resolve Customer issues as per Standard of Operations.
- Play a key role as a member of the Mini Grids O&M team to plan and monitor the day to day running of the plants to ensure smooth progress.
- Understand and manage sites’ performance to key performance metrics.
- Ensures completion of technical documents; grid outages, onsite equipment problems, log entries, site visitation; safety and environmental inspections.
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly and yearly equipment healthiness checklist; Preventive maintenance planning; Shutdown planning; Daily reading logbook etc.
Great Career Progression Opportunity:
- Successful Service Engineer have the potential to progress to an Area Service Manager and a senior management role with greater responsibility and compensation within 36-48 months.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a technical background with an understanding of electrical engineering (minimum education requirement: Diploma in Engineering)
- You have 5+ years of experience (Infrastructure and Telecom industries preferred)
- You have 2+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ people
- You have a track record of resilience and leadership in periods of uncertainty and volatility
- You have a learning mindset and are keen to deliver hands-on solutions in the field
- You build great relationships and are a strong verbal communicator (English & Hausa preferably)
- You are a problem solver and can identify electricity-related faults and proffer solutions swiftly.
- You can also ideally execute based on direct instruction and under guidance from other members of the team.
- You have no issues working in (and living around) rural Nigeria and in a fast-paced, dynamic start up environment.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online