SGF Limited Oil and Gas Jobs Recruitment: SGF Limited – We are a leading indigenous downstream Oil and Gas company in Nigeria. As a result of expansion and new business opportunities, we seek for immediate employment professionals with cognate years of experience, strong academic credentials and the right attitude to work who will deliver value to stakeholders in the capacity below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Surveyor (Dredging Operations)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Dredging Operations
Duties & responsibilities
- Prepare dredging plan.
- Ensure all marine dredging vessels have correct worthiness certificates and fit for purpose.
- Coordinate an environmental impact assessment prior to dredging activity.
- Provide accurate surveys and vessel positioning to ensure accurate measurements and correct location of excavation.
- Perform accurate estimate of the volumes to be excavated or dredged.
- Prepare detailed layout of areas to be dredged and design depths required with relevant cross-sections.
- Perform tidal monitoring and update for dredging operations.
- Provide Land and hydrographic surveys required for project monitoring and payment quantities.
- Assess quantity of dredge output and compare with planned output.
- Classify and arrange disposal of dredge sediments into Class 1, 2 or 3 and arrange disposal in line with industry standards of disposal dependent on specific classes.
- Responsible for the care and repair of land and hydro survey equipment.
- Maintain accurate survey notes and documentation of survey activities.
- Maintain a marine fuel usage database to ensure cost capture and track fuel usage efficiency.
- Provide daily support of project procurement requirements.
- Coordinate survey activities with the HoD to meet schedule requirements.
- Prepare technical accurate and timely survey reports.
- Assist in the generation of daily reports and assembly and maintenance of proper job records.
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “Incident and Injury Free” work environment.
- Perform jetty supervision
- Liaises with the HoD to ensure all vessels are utilised and operated in an efficient and safe manner.
Dredging Equipment maintenance:
- Perform dredge system survey check on all Dredgers.
- Perform GPS monitoring and satellite tracking.
- System software update for Dredgers.
- Update channel survey for the tugboats on the online navigation system.
- Interested candidates should possess a degree with 10-15 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only suitable candidates would be contacted.