African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff – Workforce Planning, Job Description and Evaluation Assistant, CHHR3
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Human Resources Management department of the African Development Bank Group is to develop and execute a People Strategy, policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic agenda.
- Core to the Human Resources Strategy is to attract, develop, engage, motivate, and retain a best-in-class workforce.
- Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, Talent and Development and reporting to the HR Specialist, Strategic Staffing and Talent Management, the role of the Short-term Staff (STS) Workforce Planning, Job Description and Evaluation is to create and maintain information related to position management accurate in the Job Evaluation Systems and provide information for inclusion in the Human Resources Information System of the Bank.
- S/he assists in processes relating to workforce plans, job descriptions, evaluation, and grading, and contributes to the development of the staff planning policy and programs in alignment to the business objectives of the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Short-term Staff (STS) Workforce Planning, Job Description and Evaluation Assistant will be required to deliver on the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
Strategic Staffing and Workforce Planning:
- Provide support in the Business Process Reengineering and Sankofa projects in the area of data collection and record keeping in the system especially on job descriptions.
- Collate and organise all job descriptions, input and store them in a logical manner in the Sankofa system
- Monitor the Bank Position Management Subsystem by:
- Investigating anticipated vacancies and maintaining a vacancy roster.
- Analyzing staffing statistics and reconciling assigned and vacant positions with authorized budgeted staffing level in each organizational unit.
- Coding new positions
- Reviewing and verifying the records on vacant positions.
- Participate in the updating of the staff skill profiles based on new recruitments and extract specific data upon Management’s request.
Job Description and Evaluation
- Provide relevant HR documents and information that could facilitate the recruitment process.
- Act as Data resource administrator for all historical data and statistics on staffing.
- Reconciling job descriptions to positions in the Bank systems.
- Collect and analyze data on workforce planning and job evaluation.
- Initiate and follow-up on various administrative actions to support the workforce planning service.
- Assist process improvement and ad hoc projects, as may be required from time to time.
- Serve as administrative support and office point of contact on all matters relating to job descriptions, specifications evaluation and grading, including job families and other relevant records.
- Maintain appropriate and up-to-date records and documentation of job descriptions, evaluation and grading, including job families and other relevant records.
- Respond to enquiries related to job descriptions, evaluation and grading; and undertake all follow-up actions within agreed timescales.
- Coordinate activities and meetings for the Bank’s internal Job Evaluation Committee (JEC) including maintenance of minutes, forms/ templates, and other records.
- Provide assistance for the development of a comprehensive job classification framework and workforce plan using a participative approach and ensure Management’s approval.
- Provide support to monitor the implementation of the job classification framework and workforce plan, conduct lessons-learned exercises and mainstream workforce planning practices across the Bank.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of the Bank guidelines on organizational structures, job families, job descriptions, evaluation, and grading.
- Provide general administrative support to the Strategic Staffing and Talent Management Section.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other related disciplines. Additional professional qualification/certification in Human Resources Management, Workforce Planning, Job Description and Evaluation is advantageous.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years for GS6 and a minimum of five (5) years for GS7 of relevant practical working experience at levels of increasing responsibility in Human Resources Management, preferably in Workforce Planning, Job Description and Evaluation activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, and to complete tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build partnerships and influence at all levels of the organization, including senior management, by providing appropriate and tailored information in a timely manner.
- Ability to grasp and quickly learn internal systems with flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and the creativity in delivering solutions to business issues and problems.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and to identify and manage interdependencies.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to deal with all levels of the client organization in a diverse, international institution structure.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to work well with others, and to obtain collaboration of internal and external partners and contacts.
- Ability to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Ability to work under supervision as well as part of a multicultural team.
- Demonstrated leadership, end-to-end ownership, and the ability to manage in a matrix type diverse organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically. A high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired.
- Knowledge of job descriptions, evaluation and grading.
- Ability to effectively manage organizational development initiatives.
- Strong database design and management.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and planning are an asset.
- Strong data analytics and reporting skills.
- Ability to crease scenario planning and other templates.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Vision, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects).
- Knowledge of Taleo, SAP would be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Note
- This position is classified as an international recruitment and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to “HR Direct” via: [email protected]
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.