Society for Family Health (SFH) Job Recruitment 2020 / 2021. Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource / Operations Consultant
- Ref Id: sfh-57036
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Type: Full-time
- Department: Human Resources
- Contract Duration: 4 Months (with option for renewal)
- The human resource/operations consultant will develop and administer all human resource initiatives and provide operational support to the project.
- S/He will develop and implement various systems and maintain positive relationships with consortium partners, stakeholders, and internal staff.
- S/He will prepare and review HR budgets and ensure HR initiatives are cost-effective while implementing HR policies and maintaining internal HR systems.
- The Consultant will oversee operational activities and ensure operations are carried out in an appropriate cost-effective manner and are cost-effective.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Develop human resources model specific to the organisation.
- Advise management on the administration of human resources and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations to Management Team for improvement of organisation’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Oversee and manage a performance management system that drives high performance.
- Manage the talent acquisition, interview and selection processes and conduct due diligence checks as required
- Review and update HR and project standard operating procedures and policies to nurture a positive working environment.
- Compensation and compliance management.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s level degree (BSc / BA) in Human Resources Management, Humanities or Social Sciences. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must Possess a minimum of 8 years’ hands-on experience spanning core human resource management, operations management and management consulting.
- Proven working experience as an HR/operations manager or executive with extensive knowledge of HR and labour laws and best practises
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Good working knowledge and hands-on experience using an HR MIS and databases
- Must be a member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM).
- People-oriented and results-driven with ability to develop strategy.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong client and external liaison skills (including diplomacy and communication skills) with experience of working in complex environments with governments, donors and external stakeholders.
- Management, strategic planning and leadership experience, with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, inspire high-quality work, demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership, provide support and supervision and empower team members.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skill, able to manage diverse relationships, be culturally sensitive, and maintain a respectful demeanour in the context of working within the international development sector;
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines;
- High level of integrity and responsibility.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2020.