MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist – Fx Structuring, Finance
Job Identification: 1368
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Senior Manager Treasury Management
- Provide inputs to the development of strategies to reduce the company’s risk exposure to changes in foreign currency.
- Keep abreast of forex regulations and requirements, applying the knowledge effectively in delivery of tasks with limited supervision.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support on the import trade process with special attention to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) regulatory requirements.
- Analyze challenges around Forex exposure and liquidity and build solutions leveraging experience and subject matter knowledge.
- Contribute towards strengthening compliance with and knowledge of CBN regulations and forex solutions across the Business.
- Contribute towards enhancing MTN’s ability to manage risks effectively by demonstrating and applying understanding of the regulatory environment around currency controls in Nigeria and requirements of the CBN Foreign Exchange Manual within the organization.
- Support and implement processes for hedging forex risks of the Company.
- Explore opportunities for forex solutions with the Company’s bankers and other approved channels.
- Lead the implementation and oversight of policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective forex risk management and regulatory compliance
- Source, negotiate, and enter in competitive and structured Trade contract for the purchase of foreign currency.
- Maintain company records of all currency purchases and ensure communication of relevant information to internal parties.
- Proactively monitor foreign currency exchange rates and other exposures relevant to the Company.
- Create mitigation structure for curtailing FX volatilities within the Bond Approved limits to protect balance sheet from currency volatility.
- Ensure the relevant stakeholders are kept up to date on Forex regulations and requirements.
- Build and maintain effective relationship with the Company’s bankers to stay informed on solutions that add value to the MTN business.
- Find commercially acceptable structures with partners within a VUCA global FX market
- Understanding negotiation and its impact on the company’s commercial imperatives.
- First Degree in Accounting, Economics or any Finance related discipline.
- ACI dealership certificate
- Part Qualification/Membership of a professional financial management/accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Level 2 CFA)
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian banking industry, currency control regulations, currency solutions (FX hedge instruments), and import trade finance, process, and requirements
- Understanding of Nigerian FX markets and certified money market dealer
- Experience in good accounting practices and the Nigerian policy environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of the foreign exchange market and exchange control compliance
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2022 at 23:59.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online