9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Legal Services (Property & Litigation)
Job ID: IRC4545
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Manage all phases of litigation and dispute resolution from receipt of processes or complaint, investigation and advise EMTS on possible exposure / defence.
- Monitor and study the impact of new laws, rules and regulations that may affect EMTS’s property/sites, collocation/infrastructure sharing arrangements and make recommendations to the Manager Litigation
- Prepare assignments, leases, licences and related documents covering EMTS’s properties/sites. Ensure all property documents are renewed in advance of expiry dates as required.
- Liaise with individual departments/divisions and provide advice on legal issues arising from transactions, business operations, property/site acquisition, collocation/infrastructure sharing arrangements, litigation and dispute resolution.
- Ensure that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent with EMTS’s policies, rules and regulations, and are in the organization’s best interest.
- Ensure that legal formalities are adhered to including regulatory permits and registration.
- Assist in the management of EMTS Dispute and complaint investigation, issue holding letters and/or final letters as the case may be and promote resolution of issues and maintain EMTS Dispute tracker/database.
- Review and contribute to case management strategy developed by external counsel.
- Review and amend court processes, identify and collate documentary evidence, identify and prepare internal witnesses for court cases and attend court to represent EMTS.
- Liaise and work with EMTS’ relevant departments and external counsel to prosecute or defend litigation by or against EMTS, attend court cases as may be required from time to time to represent EMTS, and maintain EMTS’ litigation tracker/database
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues relating to property/site acquisition, collocation/infrastructure sharing arrangements, litigation and dispute resolution.
- Participate in the set up and maintain a database of all properties/sites, related documents and other legal documentation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Litigation.
- First Degree in Law.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in a Law firm or telecoms environment
- Legal Research
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Litigation Management
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online