MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist – Power System Operations North
Job Identification: 1681
Location: Wuse 2, Abuja
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager Power Operations
- Ensure spare power capacity is available for redundancy and future installations and provide 2nd level support to regional operations in assigned areas/ region.
- Maintain optimal performance of all cooling and power systems within the region. (Switch & BTS).
- Conduct routine maintenance of all power and cooling systems at MTNN installations and leased property within assigned area and ensure they are within MTN Specifications.
- Maintain prescribed computerized maintenance management system and prescribed management information system for ESS operations in the region.
- Produce monthly reports on ESS activities within the region.
- Ensure that power and cooling system parameters at MTNN installations and leased property within the region are within MTNN specifications.
- Rotation of Gensets in use to ensure a balanced/equal hour run on the Gensets.
- Complete all routine maintenance activities specified in the Engineering routine maintenance procedure and backed up by accompanying reports.
- Completion and submission of all weekly routine maintenance activities reports within specified timeline (i.e. Wed before COB) and saving on the servers E.g. Pending PO, Cooling Status, Mobile Gen, Weekly Activities, Weekly HQ & Simulation, Breakers Thermal report….
- Completion and submission of all monthly/Quarterly routine maintenance activities reports within timeline and saving on the servers. E.g. Carbon Reports, Monthly Diesel Utilization Report, Q1-Q4 Earth Integrity Report, Vendor Evaluation Q1-Q4,
- Support initiatives to improve PHCN Utilization at Switch centers, FC, VGCs, B2B and or offices.
- Monitor maintenance contracts for regional contractors.
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures to foster efficiency of ESS operations within the assigned region.
- Ensure Accurate Quarterly appraisal of all vendor performance, highlights areas of improvement and timelines for closure.
- Manage the safety and environmental responsibilities for your location(s).
- Complete performance reviews in accordance with the MTNN Quarterly Check-in Process as scheduled.
- Attendance at all quality sessions (audit meetings and awareness sessions).
- Ensure Zero NCs recorded during internal audits
- Close out all recorded NCs/Observations within maximum 4 weeks
- Represent NWG/MTN on all Power issues in the region in collaboration with other departments.
- Facilitate and support Inter department collaboration/interface with other Network Group divisions within the region.
- B.Sc. / HND Electrical / Electronics, Mechanical Engineering from a reputable institution
- Post graduate degree in Management an added advantage
- 3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance of power and cooling systems in telecommunications industry
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2022 (11:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online