MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist – System Audit, Internal Audit
Job Identification: 1670
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Head Internal Audit
Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank
- Plan system-related audit engagements to oversee a team of auditors and ensure engagement complies with MoMo PSB and relevant standards.
- Identify significant risk(s) associated with the company’s strategic objectives and provide input into the annual audit plan accordingly.
- Develop and record a plan for each System and Technology related engagement reflecting the scope and objectives of the audit assignment linked to the significant risk exposure within that Technology environment.
- Ensure efficient and effective execution of annual audit plan, track and monitor outsourced engagement where necessary.
- Perform complex analysis using CAAT tools (e.g., ACL) and Excel and ensure audit reports are timely, accurate objective, and constructive where necessary.
- Manage the GRC system and other analytical platforms for the System audit function.
- Interact with team members, consultants, and when necessary, with Executive Management to obtain and or communicate relevant information to achieve the objective/s of the System Audit function
- Meet with management on matters that bother risk management, internal controls, and corporate governance processes.
- Manage expertise and resource planning and requirements for System and Technology related Audit assignments, special assignments, and management requests.
- Manage the audit assignments’ progress and escalate any roadblocks to completion to Management for intervention and resolution.
- Lead the execution of key technical audit engagements with MoMo PSB covering core payment platforms, ERP Systems, and third-party interfaces among others to assure the adequacy and effectiveness of existent controls through timely internal audit reports.
- Ensure that MoMo PSB IA methodology is strictly adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing, and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures
- Implement the audit program, recognize control weaknesses, assess the materiality of these weaknesses, and relate them to the scope and objectives of the audit.
- Review the audit programs to ensure the appropriate testing mechanisms.
- Communicate the results, findings, and recommendations of audit projects through written reports and face-to-face presentations on a timely basis to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Strategic Partnerships with the MoMo PSB leadership team to drive awareness of risk management, internal controls, and corporate governance issues.
- Maintain all MoMo PSB and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and IIA Code of Ethics.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in coordinating with the External Auditors where needed and facilitate their fieldwork within MoMo PSB
- Report on an ad-hoc basis on specific projects as and when necessary.
- Actively ensure internal audit processes are in line with the MoMo PSB Internal Audit methodologies and IIA standards. Ensure implementation, compliance & adherence to the standards, policies, guidelines & processes defined by Group Finco Audit as applicable
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. / HND Electrical / Electronics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunication, or related discipline
- Professional Certification – CFE, CISA, CISSP, and or CIA
- Additional Certification – Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist and/or any related certifications
- 3 – 7 Years’ experience including:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an auditing function preferable in a bank or any of the big 4
- Fintech, Banking, and Mobile Money experience as well as supervising others
- Experience in using CAATs tools (e.g., ACL) to perform complex analysis
- Previous work experience in audit systems and technology in a bank or financial services firm
- In-depth experience in Risk Management, System audit, or a similar function, working with internal control tools.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2022.