SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment 2020 (Offshore & Onshore Jobs / Vacancies: Find and apply for Latest oil and Gas Jobs in Nigeria in the SPIE Recruitment for Diploma, BSc and BEng holders.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment
1). Job Title: PLC Supervisor (M / F)
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- We are currently looking for a PLC Superviosr to work in on one of our key projects (FPSO)
- Direct responsibility for the maintenance, operation and configuration of the hardware and software of the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and associated devices of all Packages within the AKPO Industrial Information System (SII),
- Partial responsibility for the AKPO Safety Instrumented System,
- Reports to the ICSS Administrator,
- Is assisted by the Triconex Specialist.
- The FPSO produces 160 kbopd of Oil and 600 mmscfd of Gas and has a storage capacity of 2,000,000 barrels.
Job Contents / Problem Solving (Activities):
- HSE Ensure that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected
- Maintain, operate, modify and perform routine tasks on the PLCs, HMIs, automation computers and Unit Control Panels (UCP) of all AKPO Packages located in the Hull and Topside of the FPSO as well as the Buoy, all located within the AKPO Field.
- Carry out modifications on both hardware (input, output, communication cards etc) and software (control and safety logic, sequence logic etc) of all systems (compressors, pumps, oil & gas metering system, High Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS), Tank Gauging System (TGS), Power Distribution Control System (PDCS), Telemetry System, machine monitoring system etc), under his responsibility as may be required, requested or directed by COMPANY.
- Prepare with the ICSS Administrator, preventive and corrective actions and modifications of the systems under his responsibility.
- Manage and document in technical reports, interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team.
- Follow up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems under his responsibility and perform trouble shooting if required.
- Control and apply inhibits in the systems as directed and controlled by COMPANY rules and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term).
- Take part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
- Identify, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any sensitive operation and ensure that a proper assessment of the risks involved is carried out beforehand,
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyse them and suggest improvements, as well as problems related to availability, quality and obsolescence of spare parts.
- Track any backlog of work in area of responsibility and suggest corrective measures to COMPANY and CONTRACTOR to improve the management of the backlog.
- Review and assure that all Software Modifications and corrective actions are validated by COMPANY.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- National Diploma or Certificate (ND / NC) or A-levels + 3 years’ further study or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 6 years’ experience in the field of Control and Safety Systems and a minimum of 3 years as a Specialist in Control and Safety systems in the Oil and Gas / Petrochemical industry,
- Knowledge of the oil and gas treatment process, installations and equipment. Advanced knowledge and skill in PLC’s especially Siemens’ SIMATIC Industrial Automation Systems, Panels and HMI’s.
- Knowledge of machine control (e.g compressor control, injection pump control, offloading pump control, turbine control) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general instrumentation concepts, field devices (sensors and final elements), instrument loops, etc.
- Awareness of Emerson’s DeltaV Process Control System, Allen Bradley’s ControlLogix System and Schneider’s Triconex Safety Instrumented Systems are an added advantage.
- Awareness of SAP CMIMS or similar
- Awareness of Operator Training Simulators.
- Possession of good interpersonal skills Fluency in English language is required and knowledge of French language is an advantage
- Manages interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team,
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical
- reports related to his field,
- Monitors (and in certain plant – Operates) the functioning of any equipment placed under his responsibility,
- Performs trouble shooting in the ICSS, PLC, etc.
- Follows up the Parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems for condition monitoring purposes,
- Controls and applies inhibits in the systems as directed and controlled by COMPANY rules and procedures.
- Maintains an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term)
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this
- himself, leading others by his example,
- Manages and Coaches/Mentors the ICSS/PLC technician directly under his responsibility,
- Carries out, at COMPANY Validation, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
- Minimum level of experience required: 6 years or more
- Languages: English (D-Full professional proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
2). Job Title: CBM Engineer (M / F)
Location: Port Harcourt, River (Occasional site visits to sites)
Job type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: On demand
Contract duration: TBC
- SPIE NIGERIA Limited is actively looking for CBM Engineers profiles to join its workforce in Nigeria
Your activities will include:
- Contributes to the building of Methods and Support activities within the Maintenance entity.
- Carries out CBM vibration surveys on site as per planning developed by the CBM Lead and issues reports accordingly
- Follows up with site to ensure that all actions arising from the CBM Surveys are promptly closed
- Carries out Lube Oil sampling as per the planning, performs laboratory analysis of the samples as required and issues reports accordingly.
- Advises site on the outcome of the Lube Oil analysis and the actions required to be carried out to ensure equipment availability.
- Reviews and advises and follows up on the acceptable process for Lube Oil management on site.
- Carries out gas leak investigation / surveys on sites and makes estimates of the leakage rates of valves. Also, develops the action plan to close out the leaks on the concerned valves.
- Participates in RAID meetings with HQ and Smart Room and follows up with TADM’s and site to ensure the closure of the actions arising therefrom.
- Assists in vibration analyses and other analyses including all methods related activites as required by the CBM Lead.
- Is in constant liaison with the Smart Room Engineers, Maintenance disciplines TADM’s and Methods Engineers to follow-up actions with regards to the results of the different CBM measurement campaigns.
- Follows up with site on all the corrective actions recommended following analyses to ensure that they are properly implemented.
- Visits site whenever the need arises and physically assists to carry out specialized activities following from CBM results (balancing, alignment, rotor axial position adjustment, proximiter gaps setting, etc.…)
Within the framework of JV Assets FOPS, in the field of Maintenance, the main objectives for job holder are to:
- Perform proper works coordination, activities reporting, equipment condition analysis, in view of maintaining and optimizing the operations and the equipment performance.
- Participate in the preparation and reporting for Maintenance entity activities including issuance of dashboards and reports
- Control and administer the technical and administrative documentation within the Maintenance entity including engineering and vendor technical documentation and ensure update of CMIMS, EDMS, and servers.
- Responsible to ensure that the equipment registers are kept up-to-date and that maintenance records are validated at proper level, properly reported, recorded and maintained in the dedicated data bases.
- Ensure that equipment availability and reliability are at their optimum.
Qualification / Experience Required:
- Education: BSc / BEng in Engineering Vibration ISO Cat II Certification, based on the ISO 18436-3
- Professional experience: 10 years in Oil & Gas environemt
- 5 years experience in Condition Based and Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in maintenance support and especially in field maintenance capacity
- Good knowledge or CBM tools (OROS, Bentley Nevada, OneProd, Allen Bradley, etc…)
- Good knowledge of planning tools, and of CMIMS tools (preferably SAP based)
Minimum level of experience required
- 6 years or more
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date for SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment