Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment for Finance Officer: Apply for Career Job Vacancy in the Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment via Sterling Bank Plc Job Portal. Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment for Finance Officer
Job Title: Trade Finance Officer – Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- To be responsible for improving enterprise awareness and market penetration of Trade offerings across the enterprise. This includes digitizing Trade Finance offerings and customer touchpoints and render regulatory and internal returns / reports of Trade Finance activities.
- Develop and implement a focused Trade Finance Sales strategy, cutting across client segments under coverage of the Bank
- Achieve Trade Sales revenue targets by region/client segment. This revenue targets will be in line with senior management decisions. Also ensure maximum limit utilization and cross-sell of trade products
- Manage client base in close co-operation with Relationship Managers
- Collaborate with requisite stakeholders (such as Technology, Brands & Communications) on improving the enterprise knowledge and awareness of Trade offerings
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure customer service levels are maintained always, including support for any training requirements in services/operations
- Develop and deliver sales strategy and secure strategic internal support from stakeholders in conjunction with the Head of Trade Finance; to identify and satisfy customer needs and to achieve revenue and asset growth/asset quality targets
- Proactively manage trade relationships within the portfolio of existing and agreed target clients to develop, structure & review proposals that meet customer requirements
- Recognize and leverage opportunities to grow income/profit as well as improving transaction volume and value, recommending and implementing appropriate solutions
- Prepare Trade Cycle Analyses papers (TCAs) and provide input into credit applications in conjunction with Relationship Management Teams, aligned with defined strategy and engage colleagues in product, sales support and risk as appropriate
- Wider internal and external customer awareness and knowledge of trade offerings
- Support active management of the trade portfolio as required
- Ensure customer service standards, regulatory requirements are met, all in accordance with extant Regulatory requirements to protect and enhance the Bank’s reputation
- Ensure Group risk & profitability requirements are met to align with growth targets and ensure avoidance of concentration risk.
- Minimum of 5 years’ banking experience, out of which 3 should be in International Trade (Letters of Credit, Bills for Collections, Bank Guarantees) and (or) Strategy.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2020.