The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor – National Malaria Data Repository
- Job ID: 13-10990
- Location: Abuja
- Grade: I
- Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
- Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
- Project / Program: A576 – PMI – S
- Reports To: Project Director, PMI-S.
- The US President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) is a 5-year USAID funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH) and partners to support NMEP and selected states to deliver quality malaria services.
- MSH seeks to recruit a Strategic Information Advisor – NMDR with excellent understanding and experience of data management systems in Nigeria.
- The position will be responsible for providingtechnical assistance to both NMEP and SMEP on managing the National Malaria Data Repository, analysis of malaria data, and promoting use of data and information for decision making.
- Lead the process of updating malaria bulletin with all malaria relevant pieces and data with approval by the project steering committee.
- Create and share dashboards that covers key malaria areas with drill down function for analysis and quicker decision making with approval from steering committee.
- Integrate NHLMIS data into NMDR.
- Integrate data quality activities like DQA and reports into the NMDR.
- Ensure integration of supportive supervision data into NMDR latest six months after resumption.
- Detailed plan for all non-routine data and data sources to be included in NMDR e.g. supportive supervision and DQA data.
- Develop an abstract in conjunction with NMEP on “the use of NMDR as a decision support tool in Nigeria” drafted, reviewed by MSH and submitted to a conference.
- Support the development of a repository that seamlessly links to the national DHIS 2 database and at scheduled intervals extracts selected malaria related data elements for additional cleaning and use within the repository:
- Support the revamping of NMDR database structure to include only Malaria indicators and ensure improvement in the performance of the platform.
- Support the creation of an interoperability layer between selected electronic platforms.
- Support data reporting to the USAID web-based implementing partner reporting system.
- Support the administration and management of the NMDR database.
- Create customized dashboards on the NMDR platform that allows for greater user interactivity.
- Set up of automated routine extraction of selected data from partners who are already routinely collecting and storing malaria service delivery data in web-based databases.
- Develop additional cleaning modules as agreed upon with the SME key stakeholders. Modules to conduct analyses will be developed in the repository to enable a scheduled automated and dynamic analysis. Dashboard designs will be developed to accommodate web-based triggers and filters to drill down facilities based on established rules.
- Support integration of malaria DQA, support supervision, training and any relevant reports into the NMDR where feasible.
- Develop and implement a detailed plan for including non-routine data in the NMDR.
- Build capacity of government entities (NMEP, SMEP and others), and selected stakeholders on NMDR analytics including required reporting:
- Provide TA to NMEP on the use of NMDR including data analysis and visualization.
- Document lessons learned from use of the NMDR.
- Mentor NMEP and SMEP to manage the National Malaria Data Repository (NMDR) where NHMIS, NHLMIS, surveillance and survey data, and other datasets are analyzed and reported visually to aid decision making.
- Provide TA to NMEP and SMEP on using NHMIS and NHLMIS analytics to strengthen rational use of ACTs.
- Develop technical products (highlights, briefs, success stories, abstracts, presentations, papers, etc).
- Lead GIS mapping of PMI-S-supported interventions and reporting.
- Support processes to link the M-DIVE and the NMDR in collaboration with PMI / Nigeria.
- Contribute to implementation of the PMI-S project activities and reporting as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in electronic database management systems to aid monitoring and evaluation of public health programs. Practical experience working with DHIS2 at the developer level is required. Detailed understanding of cloud hosting service, secure socket layer, data backup and recovery will be an added advantage.
- Experience developing national data repositories in any health-related field is required.
- Experience working with the NMEP and / or SMEPs, and familiarity with the structure, systems and policies of the health sector in Nigeria is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and networking with stakeholders to achieve common results.
- Capacity in GIS mapping and ability to use analytical software is required.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and negotiation skills; experience leading teams, proactivity and ability to make timely effective decisions.
- Must possess excellent management, documentation, presentation, and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online