Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager – Workforce Africa / HR Africa
Reference ID: R-50660
Employment Type: Full Time
- Part of the Supply Chain family, Procurement is responsible for over 30B Euro of material and services spend globally with more than 60,000 suppliers, over half of them in MBS. Getting the right services and materials, sustainably sourced and ensuring responsible procurement is critical to ensuring our brands with purpose grow.
- Our teams work closely with the business to understand stakeholders needs, bring innovation to meet changing consumer, employees’, and customers’ needs, and drive financial value for Unilever through competitive buying. We’re at the forefront of digital procurement, bringing new tools and analytics to drive data-based decisions.
- Our strategy is ‘Procurement with Purpose’ and focuses on buying responsibly, buying better, and growing together with partners around the world. Our ambition is based on three key drivers: being Purpose-Led, Value-Driven, and Future-Fit.
- MBS, Unilever’s Marketing and Business Services Procurement team, is responsible for Unilever’s sourcing and supplier strategy and execution for all third party spend across Marketing, Business Services, and IT, supporting the business requirements of Brands, Divisions, Markets, and functions to drive 4G growth through strategic supplier management, cost and value management, sustainability, and innovation, aligned with Unilever’s Compass.
- The team manages an annual spend of ~9B Euro with a supplier base of about 40,000.
- Within MBS, the Strategic Sourcing Manager -Business Services, Workforce / HR (Africa) is responsible for the sourcing strategy development, implementation, and procurement of external workforce (contingent labour, consultancy, finance, legal, recruitment) and HR business services portfolio (Benefits & Rewards, Payroll, Mobility, occupational health etc.
- The Workforce/HR Services spend is €34Mn for Africa and this role will be reporting to the Global Procurement Director – Workforce Management & HR Services
- The role will need to foster and build a culture of collaboration and support excellent execution of our strategies while fostering deep relationships with our stakeholders and suppliers.
- Understand the Africa business needs related to functional areas of spend in HR services and Workforce Management and bring deep expertise and insights across the value chain and supply base to translate the business requirements into effective future-fit procurement strategies.
- Connect strategy & execution aligned to Unilever Compass, Global Divisions, Functions & Markets goals, and priorities, aligned with Procurement with Purpose and OneMBS strategies and principles.
- Deliver transformational sourcing strategies, operating models, and supplier relationships to redefine our procurement approach to workforce management including a focus on Sustainability and Responsible Sourcing strategies
- Work with senior stakeholders to deliver complex globally led projects across multiple geographies.
- Deliver against financial targets and other KPIs (including value delivery) as per business plan objectives.
- Lead Africa Supplier relationships and work with the global team to implement Partners with Purpose strategy with critical suppliers.
- Lead the Africa Asst Sourcing Managers to inspire, develop, and support our people, deliver results, and create and promote a healthy business culture.
- Future proof the portfolio by driving digital approaches, while building technology enablers to help manage selected portfolio and scope.
- Lead internal performance management and reporting including creation and stewardship of relevant key performance indicators
- Workforce and HR Support teams in markets
- Sourcing teams
- Supplier Operations in UniOps
- Procurement Strategy and Insights
- Procurement Partners and Purpose team.
- Supply Chain
- External Partners
- Reporting into The Global Procurement Director – Workforce Management & HR Services
Qualifications / Experience
- 10+ years of procurement experience, including proven and deep experience in procuring professional services or related field or indirect procurement portfolios.
- Strategic sourcing, portfolio strategy expertise, with experience in managing complex portfolio/category, at global or multi-regional level.
- Expert in negotiation and contracting.
- Understanding of the Africa market landscape for workforce management & HR services.
- Knowledge of Professional services/ contingent workforce
- Experience on large-scale project management
- Demonstrated and proven leadership capabilities to lead a Africa sourcing team.
- Experience in shaping and leading transformational business process reengineering, with experience driving Change Management initiatives
- Experience in supplier relationship management
- Knowledge of Unilever business systems is a plus i.e., Coupa, CLM, SRS and Aravo,
- as well as Analytical tools (Excel, powerBI)
General Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work under pressure and in a complex global environment balancing a broad spectrum of stakeholder requirements.
- Comfortable working in conditions of ambiguity and leading through change.
- Able to create and drive adoption and execution of a shared vision and strategy for change.
- Ability to interact with senior stakeholders cross effectively and efficiently functionally (including Business Services, CD, PMUs, and Procurement) to understand their needs and deliver effective balanced solutions.
- Delivers change whilst managing the interface between “day to day” and improvement projects.
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creation and delivery of effective presentations.
- High financial and business acumen
- Strong in selling ideas and concepts.
- Inspiring, motivational, and accountable people leader, able to lead remote and cross-cultural teams and connect people and ideas.
- Strong in project and time management for complex global projects
- Stakeholder management and people skills
- Passion and practical creativity
- Tenacious and resilient in the pursuit of challenging goals
- International travel might be required. Not projected to require more than 5% on average.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online