First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategy Analyst, Corporate and SBU Strategy
Job Identification Number: 629
Job Schedule: Full time
- Support the Corporate & SBU Strategy Lead in leading the development and communication of the strategy for the Bank. This includes, but is not limited to, providing support in developing an overall corporate strategy and assisting in cascading it down for every Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Strategic Resource Function (SRF); and Banking subsidiary.
- Assist in the implementation of the strategy of the Bank, focus towards maximizing market share, shareholders’ wealth and increasing profit by translating strategic objectives into practical plans and goals.
- Implement developed analytical framework used in defining and developing corporate strategy at the Group and Bank level, develop strategy maps that incorporates financial, customer, internal processing, and employee capability objectives.
- Implement the designed and developed Company-wide, scalable partnership programs, reinforcing the value map and strengthening linkages to ensure increased efficiency and competitive advantage across targeted markets.
- Assist the Corporate & SBU Strategy Lead in providing Executive Management with global and regional business scenarios and ad-hoc analyses as required; identify new business growth opportunities or potential operational risks.
- Assist in providing analytical and value-added insights to Executive Management on market and business trends, consumer innovation and patterns, financial structure, macroeconomic factors, and demographic potentials.
- Present to Head of Strategy new ideas for growth (of the Commercial Banking Group) through understanding competitive actions and market trends in the industry locally and internationally with strategic intent of influencing and directing management thought.
- Comply with relevant industry policies and regulation, remaining alert to business risks and compliance issues.
- Assist Head of Strategy in coordinating and planning of the annual Board Strategy Retreat event including, developing presentations on industry insights to assist the Board in its decision-making function; collating presentations of each member of the Management Committee (and relevant SRFs) to ensure appropriate message is delivered to the Board; liaising with global speaker agencies to book event speakers.
- Support in developing and communicating the Business Unit’s strategies for all the Bank’s SBUs i.e. Retail Banking (Lagos, South and North), Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, Public Sector Banking and Treasury & Financial Institutions; ensuring that SBU heads understand the details of the overall strategic plan and how their work connects to corporate goals.
- Conduct analysis on the financial, customer, internal processing, etc. of the assigned SBU’s leveraging analytical framework developed by the Head, Business Unit Strategy used in defining and developing SBU strategy and strategic initiatives.
- Assist with Facilitating SBU Strategy Review sessions, capturing decisions made geared towards ensuring that SBU’s deliver on their budget, aligning such decisions with their developed strategy and staying/changing direction based on outcome of analyses done.
- Assist in developing and coordinating cyclical and ad hoc SBU strategic planning process and initiatives, with a focus towards maximizing market share and increasing profit by translating strategic objectives into practical plans and goals.
- Participate in driving SBU monthly management performance review sessions, reinforcing alignment between long term strategy and short-term goals to deliver increased efficiency and competitive advantage across targeted markets at SBU level.
- First Degree in Economics or related discipline.
- Post-graduate Degree or other professional qualification may be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
5:09 PM: 19th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online