MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor – Freight Clearance, Finance
Job Identification: 1684
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager Order Management
- Resolve internal customer related issues by investigating details of registered queries/complaints
- Supervise the activities performed by the freight Administrator, customs clearing processes, transportation and operations, along with landed costs and transport optimization
- Develop and advise optimal freight/logistics strategies towards timely execution of all associated programmes or projects
- Serve as the link between MTNN and the regulatory agencies and relevant parties in the freight management landscape
- Provide regular update to internal stakeholders on the status of technical and non-technical materials in clearing
- Develop and improve appropriate KPIs to ensure that MTNs corporate objectives are not compromised in all freighting activities
- Prepare Customs clearing related monitoring and analytical reports
- Review and analyse customer order related reports in order to identify issues
- Support Manager, Order Management in development of corrective actions or improvement initiatives based on Customs clearing activities
- Attend to all queries from the stakeholders/suppliers/Logistics Service Provider (LSP) and resolve queries
- Develop the methodology of tracking and providing regular periodic updates on shipping pipeline to all stakeholders
- Supports in understanding the peculiar requirements of each transaction and providing appropriate advise on how to ensure effective and speedy order fulfillment
- Focus on improving and maintaining stakeholder relationship
- Perform root cause analysis for SLAs non-compliance and take corrective action
- Identify potential sensitive issues and escalate it to the appropriate level
- Provide information to the Manager on work accomplishments, challenges, progress in work processes, individual and team needs
- Understanding of Incoterms and impact on responsibilities, Landed Costs and risks
- Monitoring vendor compliance with correct application of HS codes
- Monitoring freight packaging utilization and highlighting opportunities for consolidation.
- First Degree / HND in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Finance or any related discipline
- A professional certification in shipping/transportation and international trade will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Experience working in a large multinational company
- Experience in logistics, freight forwarding and Customs clearing.
- Experience or working knowledge of Nigerian ports/airport cargo operations will be an added advantage
- Deep knowledge of international trade documentation and local banking requirements for international trade will be considered a good credential
- Strong knowledge of banking requirements for importations and customs operations are required
- Understanding of process for booking, tracking and monitoring of shipments
- Knowledge on CBN Foreign exchange regulations.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online