The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisory Information Management Specialist – All Interested Candidates (Snr. Computer Management Specialist (Substitution))
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-134S
Appointment Type: Permanent
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hour per wee
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Series / Grade: LE – 1805 10
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is 06. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C. All Interested Candidates.
- Appointment Type Details:Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- The incumbent serves as the senior locally employed staff of the Information Systems Center (ISC) at a large consulate with extensive computer telecommunications and information equipment bases, supporting a broad range of applications and variety of users.
- Incumbent is responsible for the management of all aspects of post’s complex ADP systems, peripherals and integrated software platforms.
- The incumbent typically supervises the day-to-day activities of the ISC including three remote sites and the five LE staff.
- The incumbent assumes additional responsibilities in the absence of the Information Systems Officer (ISO).
- Two years of University Studies is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in computer operations, programming, network operations or network maintenance and repair and administrative duties involving coordination including 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 server, O365 and Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, SharePoint development, and web programing.
- Basic understanding of communications concept and systems as related to Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and data communications is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in language(s) listed.
- Fluent speaking/reading/writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with general office management procedures and be able to use consular and other computer applications.
- Must be able to deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner and work under high pressure.
- Ability to draft correspondence in Level IV English and interpret in at least one local language.
- be able to withstand external pressure from persistent applicants and petitioners and work under pressure and priority work to meet team requirements.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
USD 54,775 (NGN 14,526,446)
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
- Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work permit
- University Degree OR Transcripts
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.