Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is intended for Saro Oil Palm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability & Community Relationship Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
The Sustainability & Community Relationship Manager oversees:
- Supporting the Head of Sustainability and the Managing Director for the development and respect of the Sustainability, Community & Social Policies
- Developing and implementing/maintaining a computerized Social Management System (SMS) and the definition of action plans, improvement/corrective actions and targets in cooperation with all the managers
- Creation/refinement and implementation of the stakeholder mapping and engagement plan and a grievance mechanism
- Develop a strategy to build and maintain programs and activities that will have a positive impact on the community
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the community, key individuals, and other organizations and Serve as a key point of contact for neighboring businesses, institutions, and communities
- Draft and distribute various communications that promote the company, as well as individuals or groups within the company and Attend relevant events and activities to represent the company and build strong relationships with key community members
- Respond to inquiries from community members and other interested parties – when needed, recruit a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist
- Maintain a monthly work calendar and activity plan and undertake necessary follow-up actions and provide regular updates on on-going Sustainabilty, C&S activities
- Follow up on Social Impact Assessments and action plans and ensure that all Company activities are aligned with international standards
- Arrange and deliver awareness raising, capacity building and training for workers, communities and management in order to build internal capacity and modernization
- Develop and maintain continuous communication through day-to-day contact with local representatives of workforce, communities, NGOs, civil society organizations, resource persons and the media regarding real needs and project activities
- Provide support in organizing meetings and consultation workshops and support in undertaking documentation and capturing the proceedings of the meetings.
Providing follow up and support to managers on:
- Villages / medical/ educational / social matters: housing mapping, infrastructure investment, social climate and specific projects
- Developing and implementing a company Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) including the company grievance management procedure.
- Provide guidance and advice on Sustainability, C&S for continuous improvement
- Latest development of international standards and best practice for Sustainability, C&S.
Education and Experience / Skills
- Qualified to Degree level in a relevant subject (Social Development or related studies, Agric Economics and Extension or relevant experience in these areas).
- Minimum of five years’ Experience in Sustainability, Community & Social management in the agri-business.
- Knowledge and experience of RSPO requirements and implementation.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Conversant with relevant national safety and environmental laws and regulations
- Excellent reporting writing and presentation skills.
- Results focused with the resilience to deliver in a challenging environment.
- English language is essential, local languages desirable.
- Age Requirement: 30 – 42 years.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online