ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years.
We invite applications for:
Job Title: Systems Administrator
- Job ID: 53
- Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Department: Research and System Architecture
- Function: Systems Administrator
- Reporting to: Chief Technology Architect
- Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum of 2.1/ Upper Credit Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Information Technology / Computer Science.
- Systems Administrative role in Linux environment.
- Previous years of experience working in ISP environment.
- Linux, Windows Server, Solaris administration experience necessary, in that order of preference.
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts – in Bash, Perl, Python.
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware highly desired. Storage Area Network administration experience a plus.
- Experience administering centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open source data backup solutions like Bacula, amanda, BareOS, etc.
- Experience deploying and administering web servers – Apache/Nginx/Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like OpenStack, a plus.
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling to build, configure and deploy, a plus.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of open source CPanel (website admin panel) and Relational Database Management System like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience supporting a high traffic customer facing website infrastructure.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting load balancing appliances in a production environment.
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
Expected Key Results:
- Administer server’s infrastructure in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements.
- Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns.
- Perform continuous system monitoring.
- Provide Tier II/other support.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Deadline: 30th JUNE, 2020
How to Apply: Interested candidates should
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,