The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Talent Development Associate
Reference No: R1341
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Talent Development Associate will provide administrative support to the Talent Development team. With direction, employee will follow standard protocols to support the Talent Development team in administering learning and performance programs.
- This role will complete tasks related to HR software and information systems and their use in implementing, tracking, and evaluating the effectiveness of the learning and performance functions.
- Under the supervision of the Talent Development Manager, this role maintains, manages, and troubleshoots our systems, communicates information on Talent and Learning processes, programs, and tools; develops and disseminates necessary documentation and curriculum; and acts as a liaison with other departments.
- This role must handle confidential information.
- To support the ongoing needs of our fast-paced, dispersed, and growing organization, the role must collaborate closely with the Talent Development team and HR Partner team, as well as technical subject matter experts and other members of MSH worldwide.
Management, maintenance and troubleshooting of learning and performance systems (60%):
- Under the direction of the Talent Development Manager, provide administrative support for the Performance module in Workday.
- Participate in testing and implementation of new processes and system upgrades.
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve routine problems, unexpected results or process flaws and perform scheduled maintenance activities.
- Respond to queries in the performance inbox in a timely manner.
- Under the direction of the Talent Development Manager, provide administrative support for the Learning module in Workday and other Learning platforms.
- Complete user uploads, add new courses, manage enrolments, track participation, and troubleshoot routine issues.
- Respond to queries in the learning inbox in a timely manner.
- Assist with in-house training on all TD systems and provide support to system users.
- Support the development of training materials and user manuals as well as systems documentation and standard operating procedures as needed.
Report management and evaluation (20%):
- Pull reports for Workday, Navex, Humentum and eCornell so that TD can report relevant metrics.
- Utilize standard reports for ongoing customer needs, maintaining and adjusting to continually improve data output.
Talent Development administration (15%):
- Update Talent Development Intranet pages as necessary as a trained and authorized editor.
- Submit purchase orders (POs) and invoices for Talent Development activities, via Costpoint system.
- Coordinate the logistics for Talent Development workshops and events.
Team Relationships (5%):
- Active participation in Talent Development initiatives, team activities, process development and improvement, and HR team engagements
- Other tasks as assigned
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Human Resources or Learning Development
- Required: 1 year of related experience
- 1-3 years of experience working within HR and/or within an international organization or an organization with multiple offices
- Experience in a global NGO organization preferred
- Experience with HRIS, Excel skills and prior responsibility for report generation a plus
- Experience working in a remote reporting structure with time differences
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to perform administrative work of a complex nature with direction
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Google Drive, and reporting systems
- General knowledge of HRIS systems and learning platforms
- Excellent English communication skills required in both verbal and written
- Additional language skills in French advantageous
- Demonstration of ability and motivation to support a diverse team a plus
- Customer-service orientation skills, with the motivation and ability to function with different cultures globally
- Organized and excellent attention to detail
- Sense of urgency to ensure able to meet varying deadlines
- Ability to reprioritize, with input from manager, as deadlines in supporting several staff can change frequently
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, to think on your feet and creatively problem-solve issues
- Strong skills in project management and training logistics management
- Discretion and confidentiality a must
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
- In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.