Leadway Assurance Company, also known as Leadway, is a Nigerian insurance corporation headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. It is one of Nigeria’s largest insurance companies. Leadway provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, travel insurance and life insurance. The company’s financial capacity grew over time, and can now underwrite risks of very high magnitude as regards heavy industries, such as Oil and Gas and big manufacturing concerns. It also offers subsidiary financial services like Bond, Secured Credit, Miscellaneous financial losses and Fund/Portfolio management
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Lead, Bancassurance
Job Ref.: 2200006J
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Associate Director, Life Retail
- This role is responsible as a Technical Reference point between the LAC and its various Bancassurance partners/customers to achieve the strategic objectives of the Company through the implementation of quality control checks on policies, moreso, to ensure concise matching & upload of adequate premium for any classes of risk proposed.
- The role entails building and maintaining close rapport between the company and its clients.
- To analyse risks and develop solutions for clients’ needs as well as collating, sorting, processing and interpreting any request relating to life and non-life business & operations.
Dimensions of the Job
- Managing the Retail / Bancassurance relationship between LAC and our various partners
- Increase Premium Income from various partners
- Monitoring the operations of underwriting of Bancassurance to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness
- Conducting various spot checks and review exercise across all business units.
- Supervising Daily bank reconciliation.
- Ensuring the effective implementation of management policies and procedures and also to Monitor Compliance with Regulatory / Statutory requirements.
Key Result Areas – Job Output
Tasks and Activities KRA’s
- process by which business relationships are established
- Providing customer relationship management services to our Bank customers and account officers.
- managed leading to the ultimate conclusion of transactions
- Ensuring adequate capturing of all Bank transactions via receipting and monthly reconciliation
- Handling of Enquiries
- Processing of Insurance Requests
- Premium Collection Processing
- Renewal of Expired Businesses
- Report Submission
- Agree and set yearly target for each Relationship Officer
- Develop and ensure that each Relationship Officer achieves agreed yearly target
- Agree and set yearly volume target for each partner bank
- Develop and Ensure monthly target of each partner is achieved
- Develop and Ensure addition of new partners yearly.
- Coordinate activities of Sales Support in ensuring that performance of Relationship officer and partners are met on a monthly and yearly basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour
Educational qualifications & functional / technical skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social or Management Science or related field
- A professional qualification of CIIN or Marketing related fields an advantage
- Advanced ability to develop and integrate HR strategies and initiatives with company’s business strategies with minimal supervision to no supervision
- Excellent ability as a negotiator to influence our various partners for better business relationship
- Minimum of 7 years in Insurance, with at least 3 years of Management Experience.
Attitude and Behavioral Traits:
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to coordinate project/process management.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Very good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online