First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Payments (Transaction Banking)
Job Identification: 719
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Schedule Full time
Job Category: FBN Gen.
Job Shift: Day
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing, supervising and motivating team members or subordinate product managers in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Define strategy for products based on overall direction of the bank.
- Provide strategy and overall leadership for the team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for team members for optimum productivity.
- Define product budget /target and ensure realization in collaboration with sales specialists and relationship managers.
- Elaborate recommendations and ensure implementation and efficiency.
- Define targeted market shares, sales forecasts and profitability objectives.
- Constantly adapt to the evolution of the market, detecting and studying the potential opportunities to create a new product and/or ensure the adaptation of current products.
- Obtain market intelligence reports and advise sales leads to technical sales specialists.
- Oversee collection of information directly or indirectly related to all products so as to propose areas of development (market analysis, evolution, competitors’ activities, etc.
- Manage relationships with key partners.
- Workforce training on product usage.
- Regular benchmark TB offerings of other banks to ensure competitiveness
- Periodically analyze product performance by customer segment/location/BU etc and take appropriate action.
- Work closely with Sales teams, TB Solutions Delivery team and Operations to develop and enhance products.
- Assess demand in the market for products to determine the need to produce or enhance products.
- Plan out how to efficiently roll out and implement product schemes.
- Support Product Sales when announcing new changes in products.
- Conceive products in relation with Risk, Finance, Operations and Legal and Compliance.
- Work with marketing team to define most suitable media plan (type of media, period, frequency, etc.) to create awareness of new and existing products.
- Monitor product performance periodically and provide performance report to management based on results obtained vs. targets.
- Oversee analysis of results of launching new product/development.
- Follow-up on relevant indicators (e.g., turnover, pricing, market share, etc.
- Ensure team has necessary skills and knowledge required for current and future needs
- Minimum Education: First Degree in any related discipline.
- MBA or Advance Degree equivalent in Business administration, Finance or related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in banking.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Proven knowledge in relevant Transaction Banking products and related business aspects.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2022 (10:16 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online