Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Private Market
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Team Lead, Private Market is a team under Primary Markets and will be responsible for the strategic thrust of “The Exchange” in the Private Market ecosystem, as well as working directly with clients to understand their needs and provide direction on how to access private capital within a credible framework.
- This position reports to the Head, Primary Markets within the Capital Markets Division.
You would also be responsible for the following:
- Conduct industry and market research on the private market value proposition.
- Develop and implement the overall strategic and business direction of NGX Private Market initiative across Nigeria and Africa.
- Analyse potential fund investment opportunities, including evaluating the fund manager’s track record, KYC criteria, investment strategy, value-add, and investment team.
- Analyse market trends to understand how best to grow and develop the value proposition of the NGX Private Market initiative.
- Manage and develop requisite business relationships and partnerships across the private market ecosystem, capital market intermediaries, private equity and venture capital ecosystem.
- Business development and deal origination on private capital formation, strong market adoption and financial closure of transactions.
- Draft and present internal proposals for approval by our organization’s Investment Committee, Executive Management and the Board.
- Negotiate, structure, and complete full regulatory & KYC documentation for clients, liquidity providers and market intermediaries.
- Co – ordinate and support fund raising activities on the NGX private market platform.
- Serve on advisory committees of portfolio entities, as required, and attend annual investor meetings on behalf of NGX.
- Drive various deal origination, marketing and advocacy initiatives within the Primary Markets department and Capital Markets division in general.
- Provide strategic input to the development/enhancement/innovation of NGX’s Primary Markets products and services offerings to reflect market needs and improve product acceptance.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with the leadership and executive level of private and unlisted companies as well as growth companies within Nigeria and beyond.
- Drive and maintain a P & L responsibility, as well as contribute to the departmental revenue goals and the Capital Markets division’s budget in general.
- Provide requisite support to the Head, Primary Markets, as well as any other responsibility that might be assigned by same.
To successfully deliver these goals, you must have the following relevant experience & qualifications below:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institution in Business Admin / Finance / Economics / Law / Banking or other Finance related or numerate discipline.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in Investment Banking, Consulting/Advisory role or related Industry (Capital Markets/Financial Services related business).
- MBA, professional and other relevant post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Financial sector or industry experience in Financial Consulting/Advisory, Deal Origination, Private and Venture capital and/or Business Development.
- Proven experience as a Private Equity Associate or similar role.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Private Equity Manager.
- Organisational skills to manage several accounts at once.
- Innovation and creativity; ability to spot business opportunities and structure financial transactions.
- Strong negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage effectively with C-level Executives.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume to: email@example.com with the subject title “NGX Recruitment- Team Lead, Private Market”.