ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years.
We invite applications for:
Job Title: Team Lead, Projects
- Job ID: 74
- Location: Lagos
- Department: Infrastructure
- Function: Project Delivery Coordination
- Reporting to: Head, Deployment
- Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- The Team Lead, Projects will be responsible for coordinating award-to-deployment activities for projects, in line with standard deployment process and project management principles.
- The TL will also manage customers / stakeholders expectation by proactively notifying them about project issues and their overall impact on schedule & expected delivery dates.
- The role will involve routine visits / spot checks at project sites to ensure on-site challenges are resolved in a timely manner, while meeting scope, quality and project delivery dates.
Expected Key Results
- Effective Project Deployment Coordination
- Accurate & Consistent Reporting of Project Status
- Proactive Control of Project Risk & Issues.
- Quality Assurance and Scope Control
- Documentation, Test and Completion Reports Compliance
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Academic: Degree or HND in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Project Management Certification required.
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CFOT or FOA will be an added advantage.
- Proven track record of leading field teams to successfully deliver fibre projects (FTTH / P2P) in Estates / MTU, within city high streets and on major highways.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms, technical requirements & documentation for fiber projects (FTTH & P2P).
- An inherent culture of network documentation (as-build drawing, OTDR test, splice report sheets, e.t.c.)
- Familiar with HSE standards and practices, including Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) skills.
- Excellent quality assurance & cost management skills.
- Proficient use of design soft wares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio, GIS tools e.t.c.
- Proficient use of data analytics software, e.g. Excel, Word, Google live sheets.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- Ability to solve complex problems in record time using honed analytical skills.
- Capacity to provide adequate leadership to project supervisors & contractor teams. Have a result-focused team with bias for meeting project delivery targets, over and above a fixation on activities.
- Have a strong culture of effective planning with end-to-end view/understanding of project objectives, assumptions and risks.
- Tech & automation savvy. Have a strong bias for innovation & systems-thinking.
- Display customer centricity in response to requests, project delivery speed, team and stakeholder engagement.
- At least 4 years working in the telecommunications industry, with experience in fiber network deployment
- FTTH and P2P fiber maintenance experience i.e. ability to splice and terminate fiber using splice machines, test, analyze & resolve fiber link issues using OTDR, Light Source/Power Meters (LSPM) & VFL, properly identify fiber cores by colour & codes.
- Good experience working in organizations with integrated OSS/BSS applications.
- Bias for Action
- Result Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Highly innovative
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self development
- Nimble Learning
Deadline: 30th JUNE, 2020
How to Apply: Interested candidates should
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,
Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship Cover Letters should state the duration of the internship.