United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Middleware Management
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- At UBA, we strongly believe that our people are critical to our success in building a sustainable and dominant business in the countries we operate in, across Africa and beyond. We go to great lengths to source, attract, recruit, develop and retain the best talent, wherever they may be in the world.
- To this end, we are always striving to:
- Provide a non-threatening environment that encourages and rewards role-model performance.
- Help our work-force maintain a healthy balance between work and their personal lives amongst others….
- Interested in joining the UBA Tribe?
Our Ideal Candidates should Also Demonstrate:
- Hands-on experience working in an applications production support/application development environment.
- Project coordination skills, including organizing, prioritizing and tracking all phases of a project.
- Trend monitoring for transactions performed on major applications hosted on the middleware platform.
Daily Technical Support functions:
- Check and treat all logs / email escalations within the SLA i.e. issue resolution, enquiries, complaints and re-routing to responsible units where applicable
- Routine housekeeping – Backup of logs periodically (daily weekly etc.), Clean up space on the servers etc.
- Update Platform Checklist that contains all specific to be carried out on each platform on said dates
- Ensure the platforms are up and functional at all times
- Ensure all user platforms are optimised and functioning optimally
- Escalate all issues to the team lead in a timely and explicit manner
Product and Project Management:
- Track Project Management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and project remains on track
- Ensure timely development and deployment of innovative solutions for the unit
- Ensure that vendor related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various units.
Income and Revenue Tracking:
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all applications deployed on the middleware applications.
- Weekly Review and reporting of projects, Issues and collection mandates.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Performance Report.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Channel Adoption Report.
- Review daily transaction status reports to identify reasons for failures and ways to avoid them.
- Provide AD HOC reports when required.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness
- First Degree in any relevant course of study with a minimum qualification of Second Class Lower.
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- The candidate must be talented and experienced with at least 2 years experience in Middleware Management within the Banking sector.
- Strong UNIX / Linux operating system administration.
- Collaborative skills: Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Organizational skills: Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adapt during pressured situations.
- Problem-solving skills: must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation
- Firm Grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Customer experience and issue resolution
- Excellent leadership skills
- Interpersonal relationship management
- Proactive and able to work smart on own initiative
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.