Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, Health Financing
Duration: From October 2021 through to March 2022, with a possibility of renewal
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded project that was awarded to Palladium in August 2015 as a five-year, $185 million project; the project was later awarded a two-year extension and $37 million added to its value, making it a seven-year program worth $222 million. HP+ has a mandate across the global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in HIV, family planning and reproductive health, and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. HP+ provides technical assistance to governments, civil society, and the private sector to effectively engage in domestic resource mobilization, put in place sustainable financing and accountability mechanisms, and make progress toward global, national, and subnational health goals.
- HP+ has been engaged by the USAID Nigeria Office to conceptualize and design activities to improve sustainable financing for HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria.
- The Technical Advisor, Health Financing will be responsible for providing technical and coordination support to HP+ national level activities under the guidance of the Country Director.
- S(he) will lead the support to the Ministry of Health for the development of a national sustainability plan for HIV, TB and Malaria as well as provide support for Lagos State HIV integration work and support the achievement of project deliverables as contained in the project work plan.
- S(he) will also provide technical direction and leadership to the project, working closely with the Country Director to ensure the integrity of high-quality technical work.
- Provide analytical support on health financing and economics activities, including desk-based research, literature review, and quantitative analysis.
- Lead the support to the Federal Ministry of Health for the development of a financial sustainability plan for HIV, TB and Malaria. The support will include to review the data collection tools for the situational analysis and make recommendations on the DRM strategies to be included in the sustainability plan
- Provide technical support to the Lagos state team in HIV Integration and DRM efforts
- Provide health financing technical advice to the national and state teams
- Provide knowledge management support and prepare knowledge management documents on project accomplishments and lessons learned.
- Lead the design, preparation and facilitation of roundtable engagements and workshops with stakeholders as necessary (e.g., from Donor, Private and Government agencies).
- Develop bi-weekly and quarterly reports of program progress and accomplishments and track program performance
- Contribute sections to several reports for USAID and the HP+ website
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by the Country Director.
- Master’s Degree in Health Financing, Health Economics, Public Health or other related disciplines
- At least 5 years Experience in Health Systems Strengthening, Health Financing and Project Management
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong program management and supervisory skills.
- Track record of engaging government stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations
- Appropriate skills necessary to conduct research and develop policy briefs
- Familiarity and experience with USAID reporting guidelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Health Financing and Economic Analysis (40%):
- Experience leading the development of a financial sustainability plan for HIV, TB and/or Malaria.
- The support will include to review the data collection tools for the situational analysis and make recommendations on the DRM strategies to be included in the sustainability plan
- Experience conducting health/economic analysis, research, literature review, quantitative analysis
- Relevant work experience with HIV Integration and DRM efforts.
Program management and previous work with Federal Ministry of Health and USAID (40%):
- Project management experience including health financing
- Relevant work experience with the Federal Ministry of Health
- Relevant work experience with USAID
- Relevant educational background.
Related Skills (20%):
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong English writing, oral communication, and reporting skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness. Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Must be based in Abuja – applicants outside of Abuja will not be considered.