Oriental Energy is a privately held oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Nigeria. Oriental Energy, founded in 1990, has expanded its portfolio and currently has three assets under development offshore Nigeria. These include the Ebok Field (OML 67), Okwok Field (OML 67) and OML 115.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Applications and Data Engineer
- To support technical and web-based applications by ensuring continuous availability while streamlining existing processes through the development of automated solutions leveraging web and database development technologies.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- Support drilling, operations, technical and Sub Surface client and server-side solutions by providing 1st and 2nd Level support, performing root-cause analysis, and ensuring continuous availability of these applications.
- Responsible for ensuring application and data backup, establishing data redundancy to guarantee zero data loss and prolonged downtime across all technical applications.
- Manage relationship with Application OEMs to ensure routine patch and upgrade implementation, safeguard license availability, stay abreast with new feature releases, and advise users accordingly.
- Analyze, Streamline, Document, and Automate existing processes through the development of Web and Mobile based solutions with robust dashboard and reporting capabilities to provide process improvement and actionable intelligence.
- Leverage Office 365 and Azure Offerings such as PowerApps, Microsoft SharePoint, One-Drive, Delve, Teams, and more to support document management, collaboration, and seamless internal communication.
- Manage Public facing portals and websites with aesthetically pleasing graphics and designs that communicated the brand of the company.
- Perform real-time data integration between DCS & SCADA devices leveraging the OLEDB Process Control – Data Access Protocol and developing robust visualizations that mirrors these processes leveraging the OSIsoft PI Solution.
- Provide day-to-day end-user software and hardware infrastructure support in-line with defined SLA to ensure prompt incidence resolution and end-user satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Information Technology or related discipline.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Operations and Drillings Technical hardware and software (Kappa, OSIsoft PI, and Landmark EDM) installation is an added advantage.
- Understanding and efficient use of Semantic Backup exec and other third-party backup software is crucial.
- Knowledge in Office 365 Development (Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Automate, Power Apps) is necessary for this role.
- Understanding VPN technologies is a must.
- Ability to install, configure and manage HP hardware servers and Microsoft servers operating systems.
- Understanding of the principles of Microsoft Azure cloud storage.
- Working knowledge of ITIL methodologies.
- Knowledge of and hands-on skills with SharePoint or other intranet technologies
- Ability to install and troubleshoot computer systems hardware and software.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online