Nestoil is Nigeria’s largest indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) Company in the Oil and Gas sector and has been a significant contributor to local content in the industry since inception about 30 years ago. With about 2,000 direct employees, Nestoil continues to redefine industry standards in Pipeline Construction, Repairs and Maintenance with associated facilities for Dredging, River Crossing and Shoreline Protection.
Our subsidiary, White Dove Shipping Company Limited, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager – VLCC
- We are looking to hire a Technical Manager –VLCC to join our diverse team in our Shipping Company – White Dove.
- In this role, you will ensures the safe, efficient and cost-effective operation of vessels and that all operational practices meet Flag state regulatory, company and customer requirements.
- Ensures the effective implementation of Navigation, seamanship, and cargo handling policies on board.
As a Technical Manager you will be responsible for:
- Oversee all technical and operational matters and provide the best possible
technical advice to management.
- Co-operate with the operations department in achieving optimum vessel performance that is consistent with the vessel’s commercial obligation.
- Generate business lead that will enable the company to meet its
- Plan, implement and monitor Planned Maintenance System (PMS)
including dry-docking and vessel repair.
- Monitor and verify proper implementation of the Company’s Safety Management System, implementing suggestions and recommendations for
potential improvements in co-operation with the appropriate departments.
- Advise on Safety Pollution Prevention.
- Investigate and analyze injuries, accidents, incidents, near miss as well as other safety and pollution related incidents and purpose corrective action in order to avoid recurrence.
- Manage daily operations of vessels in accordance with corporate policies
and procedures, local and international statutory rules and regulations.
- Drive a safe, environmentally friendly, highly dependable and cost effective operations.
- Assist with identification of competent crew, sign-off and sign-on of crew and general crew management.
- Identify operational and technical risks, analyze them and develop
appropriate preventive measures.
- Assist in the review/development of Quality Management System –
procedures, instructions, forms, alerts, memos.
- Provide Quality, Safety, Health and Environment education, training,
coaching to the vessels’ personnel.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by my line manager.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of a Degree from a Nautical institution.
- STCW Certifications.
- Risk Management & Incident Investigation Certificate.
- Internal International Safety Management Code Auditing Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years sea-going experience in senior rank.
- Decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and good organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Commitment to work outside office hours.
- Knowledge of Maritime Industry.
- Broad knowledge of shipping and environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to work in a team and interdepartmental.
- A well-established work experience in a related field and discipline.
Application Closing Date