Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day.
Title: Technical Marketing Manager, Wheat Development
- Rapidly establish 1,000 demonstration farms across 16 states, ensuring proper site selection and good agronomic practices for optimal yields – converting many farmers nationwide to wheat production
- Maintain demonstration farms and relationships with demo farmers to ensure maximum yields and optimal effectiveness as marketing and training sites
- Facilitate the training of thousands of wheat farmers on site at the demo farms in collaboration with state ADP staff, CBN and FMAN/WDG teams
- Track and report on all farm operations and ensure proper escalation of urgent issues to FMAN/WDG leadership
- Contribute farmer/customer insights to WDG nationwide wheat development strategy
- Lead and develop a team of up to 20 people based in northern Nigeria
- Support the Program Director with other duties as assigned
- First Degree in Agriculture or any other related field.
- Master’s degree or equivalent is an added advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in agriculture, including successful management of irrigated demonstration farms and large scale farmer training programs
- 10 – 15 years of professional experience, including leading geographically dispersed teams
- Must be results-oriented and take pride in achieving targets despite unexpected challenges
- Must be passionate about bringing new ideas and technologies to farmers with clear understanding of what it takes to change farmers’ mindsets
- Must be a hands-on leader ready to travel significantly in northern Nigeria to support team
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa
Deadline: Not specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.