The Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP), managed by TRANSTEC is a project designed by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) to assist in ensuring quality and relevance of Canada development program in responding to Nigeria’s development challenges.
The following positions are available at Nigeria Field Support Services Project. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Job Title: Technical Specialist – Entrepreneurship & Economic Empowerment
- Location: Abuja
This position is a 50-day assignment to provide expert analysis and advice on Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment related issues, trends and practices in Nigeria as they relate to Canada’s development programme.
- Postgraduate Degree, such as a Masters, from an accredited, recognized institution in a relevant discipline such as Business, Economics, International Development, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience working on economic issues in international development, at least 5 years of which should be in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in development programming focused on innovation and creating better enabling business environments for women and youth, preferably working with the private sector, philanthropic institutions, and/or social enterprises.
- Prior experience with donor funding and donor approaches to integrating gender equality considerations into women’s economic empowerment (WEE) and entrepreneurship.
- Knowledge of how gender equality and women’s interests are represented and promoted in Nigeria’s federal, state and local governments including gender related strategies, plans and flagship programs.
- Demonstrated experience designing entrepreneurship or economic empowerment programs
- Extensive contacts/network in sector
- Knowledge of innovative finance
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more providing advice, including drafting briefing notes, sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or the private sector. Samples of work to be supplied upon request.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Skills in stakeholder analysis
- Demonstrated skill in time management and delivery of finalised reports/deliverables by deadline
How to Apply
Interested andalified candidates should submit their Proposals to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the mail.
Bidders are requested to submit, as attachment, the following 3 documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum Vitae of Consultant
- Financial Proposal Form
- Cover Letter
Candidates for this role are required to demonstrate in the cover letter how they meet the key requirements in the ToR, and how their combination of education, training and work experience is suited to the provision of expertise to Canada’s development program in Nigeria in the area of Entrepreneurship & Economic Empowerment.
Curriculum Vitae of Consultant
The Consultant should only include work experience and assignments which respond to the requirements in the ToR and names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 2 professional references.
Financial Proposal Form
The financial proposal (consultant’s all-inclusive quote for daily fees) must be presented in the format below:
- Name of Consultant:
- Number of days: 50
- All-inclusive daily rate (NGN):
- Total Amount(NGN):
All-inclusive daily rate shall not include per diem, accommodation and transport during field missions outside Abuja.
- 28th August, 2020 (4:00 pm Abuja Time).
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the Nigeria Field Support Services Project Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Nigeria Field Support Services Project Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Nigeria Field Support Services Project Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.