Nestoil is Nigeria’s largest indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) Company in the Oil and Gas sector and has been a significant contributor to local content in the industry since inception about 30 years ago. With about 2,000 direct employees, Nestoil continues to redefine industry standards in Pipeline Construction, Repairs and Maintenance with associated facilities for Dredging, River Crossing and Shoreline Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below in our Marine Support & Logistics Services subsidiary:
Job Title: Technical Superintendent Port Engineer
- We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Superintendent/Port Engineer to join our diverse team in our Marine Support & Logistics Services Subsidiary.
- In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the full technical readiness and optimum Performance of the vessels in meeting the service commitments of the company.
As a Technical Superintendent / Port Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- To coordinate and control the supply of spare parts and necessary vessel equipment
- To provide guidance and solutions to technical issues to ensure the full technical readiness and optimum performance of the vessels in meeting the service commitments of the company.
- To provide a leading role and technical expertise in the event of an emergency response situation.
- To promote safety and safe working practices as an operational necessity.
- To provide effective communication across all levels within the company to inform of significant operational/technical issues that impact on the availability of vessels.
- To plan, coordinate and monitor maintenance programs and dry-docking.
- To keep proper operational records.
- To regularly inspect the vessels regarding compliance with Safety, Environmental Protection and Hygiene as per International Safety Management Code requirements.
- To assist the crew during cases of troubleshooting.
- To be constantly aware of the situation of the vessels, the maintenance status and the repairs needs of the vessels on a short, medium- and long-term basis.
- To develop the annual technical department budget.
- To arrange for closure of deficiencies found in vetting, PSC Inspections, Charterers inspections, P&I Club surveys, etc.
What Are We Looking Dor?
- A Degree from a Nautical Institution (Certificate of Competency STCW Regulation III/2)
- 5 years sea-going experience as engineer officer with a minimum of 2 in the rank of chief engineer on tankers.
- The seagoing experience may be waived provided other relevant experience like shipyard and/or new-building site work has been performed, classification society surveyor
- Preferably minimum of 3 years’ experience as technical superintendent in a tanker’s management shipping company or background as Naval Architect or Marine/Mechanical Engineer and experience with a shipping company, classification society
- Essential high level of English language (Written and spoken)
- Decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, work and deal with people from multiethnic background.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and good organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Commitment to work outside office hours.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
Application Closing Date