Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telecom Methods and Projects Engineer (TBD)
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
- Daily contact with 10 Telecom personnel.
- 20 sites including 3 Deep offshore Platforms (FPSOs, Rigs & Supporting Vessels); 17 Onshore (administrative office, logistics bases, project offices and residences) sites, Abuja office and guesthouse. Scope includes:130+ Data Network devices, 2500+ (Data, Telephone & fax extensions) Ports,1 Cisco CUCM-ToIP Cluster, 3 Microwave links, 20+ Videoconference/Telepresence rooms, Fibre Optics and cable Network, Facility Safety Critical and Security Surveillance (VSAT links, VMAS, PAGA, CCTV, Tetra UHF, VHF etc), Internet services in 5+ residences. Statistical Data: Average 5+ Projects yearly; 500 Technical Higher-Level Request/Support
- Study and drive improvements where possible of existing policies, procedures and processes.
- Monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with SLAs. Ensure compliance to Quality Assurance Plan.
- Ensure Service Quality Meeting with service providers are carried out based on approved schedule in conjunction with the technical responsible and C&P duet.
- Analyse the telecommunication market, monitor evolution of new solutions and propose improvement practices. Develop Obsolescence schedule. Provide technical support regarding design and upgrade of existing infrastructure
- Follow up of Telecom project methodology and quality compliance.
- Liaise with the relevant Government Regulatory/Licensing authorities for the necessary licenses and permits for the good and efficient operation of company’s Telecom infrastructure/services (MOC, NCC, NCAA etc.)
- Ensure adherence to planned preventive maintenance schedule, backup, curative interventions or recovery procedure
- Ensure regular update of relevant records, diagrams, database, KPI resource, CMDB Inventory and Telephone directory with respect of Telecoms Operations
- Establish, Document and maintain general and technical specifications, operating standards for projects and systems
- Ensure the optimal stocking of equipment spares and consumables.
- Provide regular feedback and follow up of critical/important issues with external service providers. • Develop models of information or communications means in conjunction with PSMC
- Provide regular update and follow-up resolution on systems, network faults and incidents that can hamper system performance
- Recommend cost effective options. Review accordingly with relevant teams and validate with Budget owner.
- Maintain and Update approved equipment service purchase delivery schedule through the C&P department
- Recommend and implement approved proposals for materials and service frame agreements
- Contribute to the development of scope of work and participate in the evaluation process
- Prepare the yearly Telecom budget and IST needs forecast by consulting with the other Team members
- Ensure consistency of solutions with standards and Total Headquarter practices in the affiliate
- Ensure that project activities, operational activities, interface meetings, workshops and any other development are well documented. Participate in the Partners review meetings.
Context and Environment:
- Large affiliate spread over 3 geographical cities and with numerous fields: onshore, offshore, and deep-offshore, with Oil and Gas projects and production activities ongoing concurrently.
- Complex environment with simultaneous operations; requiring strict governance and quality control to achieve and maintain compliance with Client group guidelines, company rules and policies.
- Ensure good quality control of Telecoms processes and services through implementation of procedures and policies.
- Ensure effective data management of Telecoms Operational and Projects documents in line with company rules and policies.
- Ensure easy access, availability and accuracy of Telecoms Data while also ensuring the security and integrity of data information on the network against external threats and unauthorized access. Monitors Telecoms performance and compliance to the group standard through regular updates of KPIs and Service Level Agreements.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Engineering or M.Sc Degree in Electrical / Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Telecoms systems management preferable in Oil and Gas environment.
- Good documentation and Sound analytical skills
- Very good ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal
- Good team player
- Good communications skills
Application Closing Date
17th, August 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online