Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Operations & Payment Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head Treasury Management
- This role is responsible for timely and accurate payment of all bills related to energy charges, transmission charges, vendor invoices and other payments.
- Create an efficient network for working out and distributing payments promptly.
- Prepare monthly payment schedule to assist in projecting future cash outflows.
- Coordinate with other departments and business units for relevant supporting documentations, ensuring compliance.
- Ensure that company’s invoices are precisely administered.
- Ensure that payments are made to and/or on behalf of clients, suppliers and other third parties on a timely basis and in accordance with the applicable service level agreement.
- Reconcile the general ledger account and provide necessary schedules. Carry out bank reconciliation review.
- Coordinate all banking activities.
- Ensure the correct treatment of withholding tax and ensure the prompt remittance to the appropriate authorities to avoid any penalties
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regards to treasury issues,
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the payroll functions.
- Petty cash Management.
- Process all employee claims for travel-related and other expenses.
- Monitor aging and due dates of payables.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by Head Treasury Management or Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance/ Accounting / Commercial or Social Science discipline
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience within a similar role
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA / ACCA)
- Treasury Management & Cash Flow Forecasting
- Profit & Loss Management
- Revenue Management
- Accounting Policies and Transactions
- Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory / Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online