Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Underwriter Team Lead
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- Responsible for carrying out assessment on information provided by clients and prospects to determine the capacity of borrowers to repay their financial obligations and mitigate credit risk.
- Review and evaluate loan applications submitted by Loan Officers to identify potential risks of the borrower.
- Collaborate with other business units to ensure quality and efficient decision-making process for loan approvals.
- Proper and fast redistribution of loan applications, ensuring the highest processing speed of applications.
- Verify the accuracy of information received and calculations made during financial analysis.
- Make recommendation on changes and improvement plans to the existing process to achieve maximum efficiency in the decision-making process.
- Collect and analyze relevant data for improved risk assessment decisions
- Provide feedback for underwriting policy reviews and updates.
- Support strategic initiatives in terms of risk scoring, ID checking and automated acceptance.
- Manage end to end loan underwriting processes including requesting, collecting, and managing required document.
- Reviews loan documents for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to approval conditions.
- Prepare, circulate and maintain Due Diligence Checklists for credit processing
- Collect, review and advise loan team regarding receipt and status of all underwriting documentation.
- Establish loan files in designated software and assure electronic and hard copy documentation is placed in appropriate location.
- Order and obtain reports and verifications from external parties including credit bureaus, NIBSS and other verification parties.
- Responsible for conducting research on borrowers and industries..
- Upon receipt of borrower credit documentations transfers data from analysis documentation to credit narrative and make loan recommendation to Head of Risk or authorized approval.
- Structures and recommends loans based on risk considerations and submit credits for appropriate approval.
- Ensures that loans are processed within the stipulated timelines.
- Strict adherence and compliance to stipulated policies, procedures and industry best practice.
- Provide support in the preparation and submission of credit committee meeting presentation, including drafting sections of the underwriting narrative and summary analysis of loan portfolio.
- Works closely with Head of Risk to monitor existing portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
- Works with the Head of Risk on best credit policies, procedures and industry best practice.
- Takes ownership of the credit process, making decisions in the best interest of the customer and organization.
- Identifies policy exceptions within a credit request.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting etc.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in banking operations, risk analysis, auditing, actuarial science, internal control or related fields
- Professional affiliation or membership with relevant institutions
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program is an add on
- Excellent spoken level of English (minimum Upper-Intermediate level)
- Good organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in credit underwriting of microfinance clients (2 years +)
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Credit Administration, credit analysis and appraisal skills.
- Data mining and analysis to create reports and provide business intelligence.
- Strong business acumen, financial management and analysis skills.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong marketing and public relations skills.
- Good team player with excellent leadership traits.
- Strong MS office suite skills and other relevant technological tools.
- Planning and organization skills.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with team of professionals, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Influencing and Negotiation skills.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting
- Experience: Minimum Experience 5 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in banking operations, risk analysis, auditing, actuarial science, internal control or related fields
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.