Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Quality Lead
Job Requisition ID: R-49916
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Job Type: Full time
Main Job Purpose
- The Site (Factory / Sourcing Unit) Quality role implements Unilever specifications, standards and Quality Management System (QMS) for quality assurance and controls in alignment with applicable regulatory requirements.
- This key Quality role ensures systems are in place to comply with local regulatory requirements and drives site Quality improvement activities to ensure product consumer safety & overall quality and address consumer / customer issues.
- Reports direct line to Site Leader (Works Director / Supply Leader / Site Leader) and dotted line to aligned Product Group Quality Director (USCC & UASCC) or Cluster Quality Director (UAPL).
- The scope of the role is dependent on-site scale factors including # consumer units, # packing lines, site headcount – # FTE, direct responsibility staff # FTE, and site complexity factors such as # technologies, # SKU, % production direct-shipped to customer. Decision making directly impacts consumer safety and quality of UL products in the marketplace with implications on UL reputation and brand equity. Is a key role in mitigation and management of UL Corporate Operational Risk (Design and production of products that meet our environmental, consumer safety and quality standards).
Leadership, People, Culture & Linkage:
- Deploys UL Quality strategy and goals through site specific projects and targets
- Provides Quality leadership to influence Site Q culture through activities to create passion for products and brands, visibility for quality, and coaching of site leadership
- Builds quality and consumer safety skills and knowledge through coaching and training of factory team
- Ensures Quality team has level of required skills and knowledge as appropriate to support site quality programs
- Builds Site Quality talent through recruiting, coaching and training
- Participates as lead for Site Quality in Quality meetings and forums as needed
- Participates as lead for Site Quality in virtual site network meetings and forums.
Quality Systems Management:
- Ensures UL QMS is implemented locally to assure consumer safety and overall quality of the final product being manufactured
- Verifies compliance of site operations to UL QMS and other applicable quality related requirements through program of internal audits
- Ensures complete, accurate and on-time submission of annual Quality Verification program self-assessment
- Ensures that Unilever and applicable external standards and requirements are accurately represented in local procedures and work instructions
- Reviews and analyzes site quality KPIs, loss trees, and data to understand quality performance and identify areas for improvement
- Ensures that site details for Inter-Company Quality Agreements are provided to MCO receiving the product, as appropriate to product being sourced
- Ensures site maintains satisfactory standings and approvals for Unilever and applicable customer required audits / certifications
- Ensures site compliance with all local regulatory requirements related to consumer safety and product quality, and that ethnic and religious requirements are in place and maintained, e.g., Kosher, Halal, etc.
- Verifies traceability of materials, packaging and product aligned with UL and regulatory requirements and applicable consumer safety risks
- Ensures site utilizes SAP QM and specifications in alignment with applicable requirements of Leads for site in product incident management situations linking with MCO Quality o Implements and verifies procedures to control non-conforming materials and products (e.g., identification, segregation, disposition, reprocessing)
HACCP, Hygiene, Cleaning:
- Develops, implements and updates site HACCP plan and pre-requisite programs and ensures mitigation of consumer safety risks through HACCP validation and on-going verification Implements pre-requisite programs required to support site HACCP plan including validation and on-going verification requirements (e.g., pest controls, allergen management, hygienic controls, etc.)
- Ensures implementation and on-going compliance to requirements of category / technology GMP that are applicable to the site.
Testing & Measurement:
- Ensures quality of materials and packaging by implementing in-take control program (e.g., processes to receive, inspect, sample and approve for use, produce & maintain required documentation, re-control aged materials as needed, etc.)
- Ensures quality throughout the entire production cycle by implementing testing program aligned with UL requirements and specifications
- Ensures all on-site Quality laboratories operate in accordance with good laboratory practices and all applicable UL requirements / testing methods and government / authority regulations Ensures implementation and on-going verification of site-wide program for calibration and maintenance of inspection, measuring and testing equipment o Implements program for product fill control monitoring and on-going verification to ensure regulatory compliance and reliability of label weight declarations
- Implements / maintains system to securely record and preserve required test results, audit findings and other data and information in alignment with applicable Unilever and external requirement.
TPM & Continuous Improvement:
- Leads Quality Pillar for site in TPM factories
- Ensures UL required IT systems, practices, loss trees and improvement tools are used to reduce / eliminate quality losses
- Initiates and supports structured Q improvement activities for product and package complaints and CRQS gaps o Ensures and improves quality of bought-in materials and services by monitoring supplier performance and partnering with Procurement to address quality losses
- Ensures alignment between process capability and specification limits for processing and filling operations by utilizing results of process capability studies
Innovation & Change:
- Applies current tools and practices to manage quality related projects
- Ensures quality resource support to innovation trials in site
- Ensures site quality support as needed to early management for projects affecting the site
- Ensures Site Q resources support VIP projects as needed
- Ensures site quality-related responsibilities are detailed in LMP as appropriate for innovations and other changes and executed as per plan
- Leads for site in quality related category knowledge, understanding of requirements
- Essential: 3-5 years’ experience in Quality or Manufacturing
- Preferred / Desirable: Manufacturing experience
- Essential: University Degree in technical discipline or general sciences Please refer to SC World for Job Skill Profile
- Preferred: Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science or Microbiology degree
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online