Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Manager – Export Business
Job Requisition ID: R-49996
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Main Job Purpose
- Effective Liquidity, foreign exchange and commodity backroom operations management are critical to ensure the safeguard of the export business financial assets.
- This role is involved in the Treasury operations for the Export Entity business in Nigeria and the role is to oversee the day to day Treasury and commodity hedging operations and be the lead for upcoming Treasury projects.
- The role will also oversee the management of the insurance activities for the export entity and its assets.
- Lead and work with Regional / Global Treasury to ensure adequate facilities are available to meet existing and future business funds requirements
- Develop and maintain effective operational network with key Banks/Financial Institutions to ensure smooth operations and harness opportunities
- Responsible for administering role for Bank related systems
- Co-ordinate and ensure documentation in place to transact with Banks (facilities letter, documentation, director’s resolution etc)
Ensure accurate and timely internal reporting for both statutory and internal reporting of the Treasury function. These include:
- Managing CapGemini (offshore Accounts team) for Treasury outsourced activities.
- Reviewing journals on Interest charges, bank charges, Unilever Finance International (UFI) sweep and fund transactions, Loans, FX differences arising out of settled FX contracts, settlement of payments and collections, revaluation & mark to market on open FX contracts.
- Analysing and ensuring timely completion of Treasury reports (FX exposures, currency trends, Cash Forecast, actual cash flows; hedging requirements).
- Liquidity management includes planning, accounting, organization, cash flow monitoring, managing bank accounts and daily control of balances. To steer and control the needs of the business in foreign currency. Ensure the entity’s financial assets are safe guarded with proper planning of short-, medium- and long-term cash requirements. This includes funding requirements and maximizing long term returns on excess liquidity.
- Prepare and monitor company’s various cash flow forecasts. Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions. Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements and make presentations to the company board on specific financial/Cash Management issues.
- Undertaking risk management activities to protect organisation’s financial well-being. Providing advice on Foreign Exchange risks impacting on the export entity. Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
- External Relationship and network management – Maintain a good relationship with high profile bankers to ensure regular updates on best practices within the financial industry.
- Mitigates financial risks related to the interest rates on the foreign exchange positions.
- Propose Forex strategies and exposure limits incorporating market insights on Forex trends into hedging decisions
- Design and implement full end to end (process design, systems, accounting treatments) solutions for back-office operations on new commodities, instruments and regions.
Governance, Compliance & Documentation:
- Maintains policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury operations.
- Ensures all transactions are completed in accordance with the Schedule of Authorities and are properly documented.
- Responsible for the Treasury Policy compliance and observing Forex limits
- Establish and report treasury KPIs
Commodity Risk Management:
- Setup new commodities for the back office operations
- Ensure compliance and controls are in placed in the back-office operations
- Minimum of 6 years work experience with at least 2 spent as a team lead
- Strong SAP Knowledge
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills and
- Analytical skills
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
- Proactiveness and versatility
- Graduate calibre candidate who is CIMA/ACCA/ICAN certified.
- Confident communication
- Financial Management
- Tax Accounting
- Treasury Management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online