United Bank for Africa (UBA) Recruitment 2020: Find and apply for the latest UBA jobs / Vacancies via UBA Recruitment Portal.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Recruitment
Job Title: Team Member, Data Warehouse
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for instituting and enforcing standard procedures as regards to Data quality and accuracy of reporting system
- Leading initiatives that relate to ensuring Master Data Management is in place across all Integration systems thereby increasing data reliability.
- Effective liaison with requesting units / business users in gathering requirements and conducting related analysis in order to achieve optimal results Build a trust relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official).
- Implementation of strict compliance within the Data warehouse
- Serve as business interface with support team on data / validation issues
- Liaise with technology on any extraction bottlenecks, ensure that measures are in place to maintain a clean data warehouse with highly reduced unclean data.
- Detailed Business Requirement for Business Reporting, which results in frequent change requests to meet business demands.
Data Warehouse Review:
- Data profiling
- Data discovery
- Information chain analysis and management
- Root cause analysis
- Ensure data and mapping quality
Execution and Support:
- Propose and effect the execution of improvement initiatives to the bank’s BI/Data warehouse environment.
- Work with Data warehouse team in supporting/maintaining performance management driven dashboards E.g Performance Scorecard, ATM Profitability, Deposit Volume, E-product Enrolment, etc.
- Liaise with users on regular basis with a view to providing a proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Contribute to the improvement of the BI/MIS platforms or processes via innovative ideas, strategies and related initiatives.
- Alignment and Perform other duties as may be assigned by Head IT Enterprise Applications
- Data quality assurance measures across the industry.
- Integration of other enterprise data system for rapid and efficient dissemination of financial information and data analytics bank-wide.
Data Management Repository:
- Maintain inventory of data content (structure, level of detail and amount of history).
- Periodically review all data content in the BI environment to identify opportunities for improvement of problem avoidance.
- Co-ordination of a metadata solution of incompatibility between the warehousing environment and other systems.
- First degree in any relevant field of study.
- Post graduate degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of which 2 years must have been spent in a similar role in Data Warehouse & Data Quality.
Key Competency Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and products
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence tools.
- Good Understanding of analytical trends and solutions in use in Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Proven passion for the data quality discipline
- Good interpersonal skills
- Extremely meticulous in approach to work
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet established deadlines
- A strong drive for results
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong character, Team Player, Flexibility
- Ability to function in a high volume setting with tight deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
Remuneration and Benefits
Negotiable and competitively structured in line with the industry pay standards.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply for United Bank for Africa (UBA) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.