Apply for the latest United Nations Population Fund Recruitment 2022 Jobs Vacancies and Careers via United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Jobs Recruitment Portal for International Job Recruitment 2022.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
United Nations Population Fund Recruitment 2022
Title: Adolescent and Youth Programme Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
Rotational / Non Rotational: Non-Rotational
Host Entity: UNFPA
Job Category: Good health and well-being
Expected Start Date: 15/02/2023
No of Assignment: 1
- At the core of UNFPA work are young people. Nigeria is the continent’s most populous country with an estimated population of 206 Million and an annual population growth rate of 2.6%. 19% of her population is aged between 15-24 while close to 40% falls between 25-35 years. Cumulatively, Nigeria contributes close to 20% of the continent’s youthful population.
- By 2050, Nigeria’s population is expected to have doubled, reaching more than 400 million and becoming the third largest country in the world. With the projected growth rate, more than half of her population will be under the age of 30 years.
- It is with this in mind the Adolescent and Youth Programme Assistant will support the strengthening of UNFPA‘s adolescent and youth programmes in both the development and humanitarian settings.
- UNFPA has been selected as the Chair of the interagency group on youth and in this regard, the Volunteer will support the coordination and implementation of the UN Youth Strategy via the interagency mechanism.
RELATED TO United Nations Population Fund Recruitment 2022
- PZ Cussons Recruitment 2023 Job Application Portal (Diploma, Degree – Any Discipline)
- JMG Recruitment 2023 Jobs Vacancies Application Portal (Oil & Gas / Energy)
- Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Recruitment 2023 Jobs Application Portal
- OPEC Recruitment 2023 Jobs Vacancies | OPEC Jobs Worldwide Application Portal
- Enived Air & Logistics Limited (EALL) Recruitment 2023 Job Vacancies
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) 2023 / 2024 Scholarship Scheme
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative, the Head of Programmes and in collaboration with the Resident Representative and close consultation with the ASRH/HIV and Youth Programme Analyst, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Providing support to the ASRH/Youth team to the overall strategic leadership for the Adolescents and Youth programme in both development and humanitarian settings.
- Support the development of proposals for the mobilising of resources for adolescents and youth sexual and reproductive health activities including identification of AYSRH needs and appropriate potential donors.
- Support the coordination of the Interagency Group on Youth, to implement and monitor the UN Youth Strategy – Youth 2030.
- Support the monitoring, review and evaluation of adolescent and youth programmes; and in developing response plans to consolidate any strengths and to address any identified gaps.
- Support the ASRH/Youth team to provide support to the Ministries of Health, Youth and Sports and Gender, at the Federal and State levels, and other relevant partners in development, implementation and monitoring of relevant adolescent and youth policy and technical strategies.
- Support the analysis of the political, social and economic environment that imparts on the adolescents and youth programme and formulating appropriate policy and programmatic adjustments to harness any opportunities and mitigate any risks.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining partnerships with adolescents and youth relevant stakeholders, networks, alliances and coalitions to ensure a collective effort towards advancement of the wellbeing of young people.
- Participates in relevant national and sub-national Technical Working Groups (TWGs)/Fora to provide technical support and position UNFPA’s adolescent and youth mandate.
Requirements for United Nations Population Fund – UNFPA Recruitment:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Health, Human Rights, and/or International Development.
- 0 years of experience in (up to three years) or demonstrated interest in:
- Programme / project management;
- ASRHR, gender, and/or adolescent and youth development programmes;
- Partner engagement with government and civil society counterparts, UN agencies, private sector, development partners and Community Based Organizations;
- Working with, engage and motivate adolescents and young people; which includes development challenges and underlying socio-cultural factors.
- Human rights-based approach and results-based management; Volunteerism and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Age: 18 – 26
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Community development, Development programmes, Health
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
Competencies and Values:
- Commitment and Motivation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Respect for Diversity
- Working in Teams
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022
APPLY HERE on United Nations Population Fund Recruitment 2022 Career Job Vacancies Application Portal
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- This assignment is funded by the Government of Korea and therefore specific criteria apply:
- Candidates must be Korean nationals.
- Candidates must be between 22 and 29 years old at the time of application.
- If you are older than 26 when applying, the system will display a notification that the ’application does not meet the eligibility criteria’. Please disregard this notification.
- Candidates who have already served as UN Youth Volunteer funded by the Government of Korea are not eligible to apply (former UN University Volunteers are eligible).
- Candidates may apply to a maximum of three assignments and indicate the order of preference in the ‘Additional remarks’ field when filling in the application form.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment.
*For more info, please refer to United Nations Population Fund UNFPA Recruitment Portal 2022